TNG Community

reCAPTCHA v.2

Guest Tracelines

Guest Tracelines

TNG Version 12.0.1

Page with problem: https://www.sandersonancestors.com/newacctform.php

I have never used reCAPTCHA before (no mods, etc.).  Today, I went to implement the reCAPTCHA v.2 function that I believe is built-in to v.12.0.1.  To do so I followed the WIKI instructions to create a reCAPTCHA profile on Google, and entered the two required site & secret keys into the corresponding fields in TNG's  Privacy Settings.  Now, when I go to the 'Register for New User Account' page, ALL user entry fields are missing, and the button "Continue" is there (but doesn't go anywhere upon clicking).  

Because I thought that TNG has everything pre-coded for reCAPTCHA, I did not paste any of the suggested Google reCAPTCHA code into my site's html or php files, nor did I install any TNG captcha mods.  I have also deleted my site's cookies and refreshed.  Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?  Thank you in advance for your help.

-AlexandraCapture.JPG

Captur1e.JPG

Guest Tracelines

Thank you, Michael.  I will definitely consider that.  I had read that there is some issue with captcha mods in TNG 12.0.1 and that was why I was hoping to use the built-in feature.  But, I now have found a few examples of Image Captcha Mod on TNG 12.0.1 sites and it appears to be working fine.  I appreciate your help. -Alexandra

Michael,

TNG did not impose anything on you.  Darrin has been providing the hooks that supporting captcha mods since TNG v6.  Just because the v2 recaptcha was distributed with TNG v12 does not mean you have to use that solution.

This is a user to user support forum, not a forum to lambast solutions.

lam·baste
/lamˈbāst,lamˈbast/
verb
verb: lambast
  1. criticize (someone or something) harshly.

19 hours ago, manofmull said:

Surely that goes for people too! I'm fed up with your "digs".

Michael,  obviously your opinion on your difficult experience with recaptcha matters, but, IMO, it was only after it became needlessly harsh in your last post that Ken stepped in.  😐

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 4:38 PM, manofmull said:

Ken

Surely that goes for people too! I'm fed up with your "digs".

As for distributed/Imposed = potato/potahto

Same goes for DNA, search site (google) and other stuff I don't want to see.

I'm done in here.

Michael,

Sorry for my reply to your post on the reCaptcha.  I should have slept on it before replying to your post where you knocked TNG's implementation of reCaptcha.   It was not meant to cause you to leave the forum.  Your replies on the forum are helpful to others, so hopefully you will reconsider and rejoin the community.

This past month has been very stressful for me, but that is no excuse for my reply.

Ken