TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
sam111

LDS data not in GEDCOM export from TNG

sam111

When I do an Export from the Gedcom Import/Export screen in TNG, none of the LDS data goes to the Gedcom file. However, when I pull an individual up and use the Gedcom tab on that screen, check the "Include LDS Info", the LDS data is included in the Gedcom.

Of course I want to export all records in the TNG file. I'm running tng version 11.1.1

Any help appreciated...Sam

sam111

OK, apparently not a lot of folks export LDS data. The problem is in the admin_gedcom2 file. In the function doLDSEvent the last param is $row but the code expects $ind in a few spots which is not set. $ind=$row "fixes it" for now or I'm missing a patch. Should this be sent to Darrin?

The rest of the LDS story is that I'm using the LDS fields to flag the status of people. I wrote code that processes family lines based on the status in the LDS field of an ancestor and then I can export it either to an excel spreadsheet and now to Rootsmagic via a GEDcom. The status shows up in the LDS fields.

Wish there was a better way but it helps for now.

theKiwi
2 hours ago, sam111 said:

OK, apparently not a lot of folks export LDS data. The problem is in the admin_gedcom2 file. In the function doLDSEvent the last param is $row but the code expects $ind in a few spots which is not set. $ind=$row "fixes it" for now or I'm missing a patch. Should this be sent to Darrin?

Yes, if it was broken and you've found the fix, let Darrin know so he can update TNG

Roger