TNG Community
Bruce Roy

Map pins do not show

Bruce Roy

Thanks again, Erik. I have restored the OSM image.

I must confess that after years of using TNG I am beginning to think it is getting too complicated for me. I spend a lot of my time sorting out issues instead of doing genealogy!

Bruce

theKiwi

Bruce

Send me an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com with 

1 - your TNG Admin login details - userID and password
2 - your FTP login details - userID and pasword

I'll take a look at what is going on.

Roger

theKiwi

This is now solved.

The reason the maps weren't showing even when the Map Key was in TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> Map Configuration, was that the site was set to "Work Offline" (a setting in TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings ------> Miscellaneous) In this circumstance the maps weren't being loaded since they require an internet connection.

The missing pins was much harder to figure out - eventually tracked it down to the 3rd line in the file google_marker.php

include ( "begin.php" );

I don't know why, but commenting this out lets the map pins get drawn correctly.

Roger

Bruce Roy
Roger, that is a sterling effort!!

I have no idea why TNG offline was set to Yes. I haven't changed it recently so I guess it has been on that setting for some time.

I am REALLY appreciative of yours and Erik's help.

Bernard

I had the sames problem, this topic solved it!

I installed and then uninstalled Open Street Map,. My map pins did not show with Google maps installed (with API-key).I got exactly the same error. After the deletion of include ( "begin.php" ); line in the file google_marker.php, the problem was gone.Bug in the way the  mod uninstalls or is something wrong in TNG?

XerxX

Hi all,

I have OSM installed here:

maposm.jpg

I unninstall and enter the Google API:

mapgoo.jpg

Map pins showing. Okay?

At my TNG 11.1.2 test site (localhost) I have a still valid API key...

EDIT: I just now checked the same in TNG12.0.2 - map pins are showing there too.

Best regards,

Erik

PS. Tried in vain to remove the below image that I included at first but changed my mind as I don't use that map at my live site.

I use the above EWSM map.

theKiwi

Erik - I was able to remove that image no problems - if you go to Edit your posting, you see at the bottom 3 thumbnails for the images - on each at the lower right is a rubbish bin icon - click on that to delete the appropriate image.

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 10.48.33 AM.png

Roger

XerxX

Thanks Roger. Maybe I need new glasses 😄

/Erik

Bernard

Thank you for testing, it is clearly not due to the OSM mod. I can not even imagine that the problem was caused by TNG. I copied all TNG files (except for the configuration files) over the old TNG files (of the same version). Then I select all installable mods (all up-to-date) and then had to uninstall everything again to test something else. Then the pins turned out to disappear (the path to the TNG pin-image file was not found, so in my opinion it should be a different mod, but which one?

Bernard