TNG Community

Rip Prevention mods for TNG12

Rgstrong

It seems that the download links for the Rip Prevention mods for TNG 12 are broken for the updates that were uploaded on 4 Sep 2018.

It is sitting on top, but yes it blends in.  I have put up a new version that includes the extra pieces to make it work like the other admin pieces and have a plain piece between the background and the text.  It worked on 12 and 10, so the 11 version should also work.  Are you also interested in having the Rip Challenge mod made to work with 11 and reCaptcha v2?

Brent

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to install the Rip Challenge mod on vers 12.02 and found an issue.

The location text was changed in the cust_text.php for version 12.  The issue is if  you upgraded from a prior version the new text is not there so the mod will not install.  

I used this location in the mod to get it to work for me.

//Put your own custom messages here, like this:

Unless I missed something in the upgrade others may see this also.

Thanks for the mod.

Fred

Fred

You probably did not run the Script to update the cust_text.php as indicated in the Note section of the upgrade read me file, I. Which case othe mods might also not install

• 3 weeks later...

How do I test the challenge to see the rip_challenge.php in effect? When I try to run the script from /extensions/rip_challenge.php I end up getting a 404 error even though the page is actually there.

The last 3 options in the Rip Prevention mod relate to the Rip Challenge.  I set the max recent hits option (Number of consecutive hits before a Challenge is presented, if installed. (30) Double this number if you have mod rewrite changing the address, since that seems to count each hit twice.) to 3 and then logged out and visited 4 pages.  Then after I got the challenge page and solved it, I logged back in as admin and changed the max recent hits option back to what it was previously.  Instead of changing the option, you could just make sure that you are logged out and visit however many pages you are set at plus 1 in order to have the challenge presented.  If you have that option set to 0, it ends up disabling the challenge.  If you have solved the challenge before and have the option for remembering solved challenges set to 'y' then you will need to clear cookies.  The main thing is that logged in users are not presented the challenge.  They are known to be people since they logged in.  Plus it would frustrate administrators trying to do things and having the challenge come up.

Brent

Thanks that helped. I think the mod should be updated for the wording on the challenge to reflect which captcha is being used. I use the TNG Captcha so all I have to do is check the I am not a robot check box, however the wording is referring to another captcha that uses an image with a word in it.  

Version 12.0.0.0a does change the wording to:
Please resolve the captcha displayed below,
A correct entry will allow you to continue browsing.

Since the version for 12 uses the new custom text standards to place the text above the separating text and adds some additional languages that didn't exist before, I am guessing that you have some old version of the text in the bottom half of your custom_text.php for English or English-UTF8 that ends up overriding the new text.

Brent