TNG Community

Linking a media to en event

Katryne

Hello,

I have a common image for all individuals who took part in a special event.

Is there a way to link a media to en event ?

Or maybe I should manage this an other way.

What do you suggest ?

Thanks

Not sure if you can link an image to an event but I link the people to the image which applies to an event, example is people who served in the US Army, I link all people who served in the US Army to an Army Emblem Image, all people with US Navy service to a Navy Emblem image, etc...

Thanks.

I had seen your other post some days ago.

So you think that starting from an event is not the best way : I should link the picture. The picture I want to link is a map showing at a precise date the location of settlers in hamlets. I cannot use the usual map feature, because the hamlets are so small, and most of them do not exist on a today map.

Historical maps are always interesting.  I have linked media to events but like Jim, I link to a person first and then edit the link and select the event.

Since I import my data, once in a while the links get broken.  They certainly get broken if the event date changes on the import.

I had linked some church pictures using web urls and now those are broken.  I wish I had saved the pictures on my site and linked to them instead.

It's perfect. Thank you, both of you, Ken and Jim. I got the "how-to" now, will note it down, since it'ts a sinuous way of doing things. And with the duplicate function for editing events, I will be able to add the event and its picture to every member of the family. That will spare my precious (!) time. Hourrah !

I am back again. For it's rather difficult to do. If I did it quickly the 1st time, it was certainly by pure chance. And I spent 1 hour figuring out how to do it again. I do not have a quick mind. Or maybe it's late and I am tired.

Here is what I did :

To link a document to an event (ie : land allocations map for Acadian families in Belle-Ile in 1766 linked to the event "78 families") :

1. (admin edit individual) add the event "78 families" for a person. Save
  2. (admin edit media) link a media to this person. Save
  3. (admin edit media) edit the link and add the event "78 families" to it. The event is displayed in the list only if it has been added previously to the person's page.
  4. (admin edit individual) if necessary, edit the event and duplicate it to other persons in the same group.