TNG Community

TNG Wordpress plugin alternatives

reesjel

I've hit a brick wall trying to get the TNG Wordpress plugin to work, I've posted a separate topic to see if anybody can help me with that but I'm also looking for alternative methods in the meantime in case nobody can help me with the plugin and I need to find another way to make it work. 

I've read about the Kloosterman method, are there also other alternatives on getting TNG to work with Wordpress? I would love to hear the options, if there's an overview somewhere already, please let me know, I've not been able to find it.

HeatherFeuer

You can find complete instructions for setting up the Kloosterman method here: https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wordpress_and_TNG_direct_integration,_no_plugin_needed

Personally, I have been unable to get the TNG-WordPress plugin to work since TNG v10 and WordPress v.4. 

21 minutes ago, klooster said:

This my latest update with the AVADA Wordpress template:

TNG, WordPress and AVADA

20 minutes ago, HeatherFeuer said:

You can find complete instructions for setting up the Kloosterman method here: https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wordpress_and_TNG_direct_integration,_no_plugin_needed

Personally, I have been unable to get the TNG-WordPress plugin to work since TNG v10 and WordPress v.4. 

Thank you both for the links, I'll have a look into this method, see if it's a good alternative for me if I can't get the plugin to work.

I just hope I don't have to change too many things after going through all the steps for the plugin if I do need to take a different route. Lol.

6 hours ago, HeatherFeuer said:

There are many factors which affect this, including I think server side settings in maybe mod_rewrite, and other things that affect this. And I certainly don't understand all the intricacies of what allows it to work, and what prevents it from working.

It does NOT work if the Integrate Logins button is checked.

But I have the plugin still working fine with TNG 12.0.1 and WordPress 5 alpha on a testing site (it autoupdates every day or two to the latest alpha version), and WordPress 4.9.8 on my main site.

Roger