TNG Community

Login failed

Alstereolle

Alstereolle

Just experienced that my master user login does not work. My second login does work, however not all admin choices are shown. Cannot change users setting ...
I recently uploaded a new GEDCOM and everything seems to work OK.

I did restart computer and tried other webbrowser but nothing helps.
I have access to host and SQL-database and checked users table. However the login pwd is scrambled.
Any idea where to look? Any part that has been currupt?

GEDCOM has nothing to do with User records.  You do not indicate what kind of error you are getting.

Have you tried requesting a new password? 

If that does not work, try going to phpMyAdmin and update the password directly in the table.  I think it will show as encrypted once you save it.

Alstereolle
12 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

GEDCOM has nothing to do with User records.  You do not indicate what kind of error you are getting.

If that does not work, try going to phpMyAdmin and update the password directly in the table.  I think it will show as encrypted once you save it.

Thanks reply. I just cannot login to my adm. account. I tried to change pwd in table - did not work. I keep trying ...

Alstereolle
7 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

With my alt login I miss a lot of admin choices. I cannot access user settings ... Any corrupt php-file ?

TNG_login.JPG

Not likely,  If it were a corrupt PHP file, you would not be able to login with your alt User ID either.

What happens when you request a new password for our Admin User?

Edited - you might take a look at the following TNG Wiki article, download the tmp.zip file and follow the instructions to see if your issue is related to a session tmp file.  Might not be since you can login with an alt User.

You could go to phpMyAdmin and add the appropriate privileges to your alt user to make it a full TNG administrato

Since you know your alt login password, you can copy what is stored as that password is in the database and paste it in the admin password and save.  Then you should be able to log into the admin with the alt login password.  If that works, then you should be able to access the users and other admin options to change passwords as needed the regular way.

Alstereolle
1 hour ago, bhemph said:

Since you know your alt login password, you can copy what is stored as that password is in the database and paste it in the admin password and save.  Then you should be able to log into the admin with the alt login password.  If that works, then you should be able to access the users and other admin options to change passwords as needed the regular way.

Yes it did work. However still the same reduced admin. rights as above. No access to user settings etc. I also checked that all "Allow" are set to 1.  

Another user reported a similar problem See following post on how to set your alt user so that it has full TNG Admin access

Maybe you need to report this problem to Darrin.  There is no indication how Derrick eventually resolved his problem.

Alstereolle
15 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Another user reported a similar problem See following post on how to set your alt user so that it has full TNG Admin access

Maybe you need to report this problem to Darrin.  There is no indication how Derrick eventually resolved his problem.

YESSSS - it worked and now whole Admin panel is there.  Wonder what happened ....

Thanks for quick response to my problem!

Thanks.  It is good to know what works when helping others with problems.

• 2 weeks later...