TNG Community

Cookie approval message

Kare

I have set the «Show cookie approval message» to «Yes» in the Admin privacy section. The «standard» message works fine in the two languages on my site, English UTF8 and Norwegian UTF8.

Adding an adjusted wording of the variables $text['cookieuse'] = "Note: This site uses cookies.";  and $text['viewpolicy'] = "View policy"; and $text['understand'] = "I understand"; to the English UTF8 «cust_text.php» file also works fine - I get the same (adjusted English text) in both languages (as expected).

Also adding an adjusted wording of the variables to the Norwegian UTF8 «cust_text.php» file, results in an unexpected message. Instead of an adjusted text in Norwegian, I get a message in German without the «View policy» link included - see attached file.

What is happening? Anybody?

28CDAE62-2C64-489C-B2E3-649E8A46CED7.jpeg

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the described problem on my test page.

Everything works great.

In every language (German, English, French, Norwegian) the cookie hint is displayed correctly in all languages.

Maybe somewhere a typing error? Or saved in the wrong folder? Or empty the cache (Ctrl F5)?

$text['cookieuse'] = "Note: This site uses cookies.";

$text['viewpolicy'] = "View policy";

$text['understand'] = "I understand"

I wish you success

Jürgen

Jürgen,

I tried all your suggestions, but could not get my live site or my Wamp test site to show the correct ADJUSTED message in Norwegian. And as I said above - the «standard» message works fine in the two languages on my sites. The problem starts when I add the variables with adjusted text to the Norwegian UTF8 «cust_text.php» file.

Hi,

please try to update your TNG software with the latest version.

Yesterday I downloaded again the full version and see today that the text for the cookie hint now is available also in the Norwegian language (text.php). Also in the language folder is a privacy policy in Norwegian language.

My recommendation is to copy completely the Norwegian language folder new.

Responsible for the cookie hint is the file cookie_approval.php, so also renew this file. There may have been changes meanwhile, too.

As always, please be careful. Save data before.

Jürgen

Jürgen ,

The above German text is hardcoded into the "cookiebanner.js" file. That must be (part of) the reason why I get the German text when adding variables to the Norwegian UTF8 «cust_text.php» file.

Darrin's answer on the TNG user2list implies that your Norwegian text  might have an apostrophe

As for the problem with the cookie banner being displayed only in German,
the problem is this: Some languages employ an apostrophe the cookie
message, but the .js code here is not equipped to handle those. When an
apostrophe is found, the code rejects the message and uses the default
(which is apparently German, as the original code appears to be German).
To fix this, find the cookie message in the Norwegian (or other) language
text file and remove the apostrophe(s) from the text. An updated
translation will be included in 12.0.2.

SOLVED

OK after removal of apostrophe that was added in the 12.0.1 version of the Norwegian UTF8 «text.php» file.

Please improve the quality of the testing/testers/translators next time.....

Il y a 4 heures , Kare said:

Please improve the quality of the testing/testers/translators next time.....

Hello Kare ! Is this a personnal way of proposing to be part of the testers/translators next time ?