TNG Community

Gedcom import hanging

SharonM

John,

There was no mention of Bitdefender before now.   I would think there would be some capability to whitelist your own website, but then I do not use Bitdefender and would have no clue as to whether it would prevent ob_flush or flush from interrupting output buffering.

Ken,

I have been using Bitdefender 2018 for a good while and (having whitelisted my site URL and the host server) I was OK using TNG11.1.1.  Problems started when I updated to TNG 12.0 when CPanel was blowing a gasket on entry and control processes.  Following Darrin's advice, I updated to TNG 12.0.1 but import problems remained.  I updated to Bitdefender 2019 and despite whitelisting again URLs import progress bar began to move in only four increments if at all.  I am not IT enough savvy to know what Bitdefender does or does not do about ob_flush etc.

Thanks again,

John

Sounds more like Bitdefender's new Network Threat Prevention: stops attacks before they even begin is flawed to me.

jayat1familytree

I hope someone can eventually find out What the SETTINGS should be to see the import progress progression and completion. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread, but it comes up in Google search so I'm going to post an update in case it's of help to someone.

If you're progress bar is not dynamically updating, check if gzip compression is enabled.  If it is enabled, disable it and try again.   

You can use this site to check if gzip compression is enabled: https://varvy.com/tools/gzip/

Matt