TNG Community
klooster

Wordpress-TNG- AVADA template

klooster

Until now I used a Wordpress template design made with Artisteer. But unfortunately Artisteer is no longer maintained and updated. So I decided to use another WP template.

On my own CKWebdesign website I use the AVADA template from Theme Fusion, one of the best on the market and used by > 500.00 users worldwide. So I decided two use AVADA also for for my own Genealogy Website, check it out here: www.kloosterman.be 

Read my installation instructions here: http://www.kloosterman.be/info/tng-wp-avada/

The integration is almost exactly the same as in my earlier WP-TNG integration instructions, with one litte (but very important) change.

In the WTNG-topmenu.php change the:

require ("../wp-load.php");   
into 
require ("../wp-blog-header.php");

As follows:
<?php
require ("../wp-blog-header.php");
get_header ();
?>

Why AVADA:
Avada has been the #1 selling theme for more than 5 years, making it the most trusted and complete WordPress theme on the market.  Powerful options & tools, unlimited designs, responsive framework and amazing support are the reasons our customers I choose Avada. Avada is attractive mainly due to its flexibility. You can use it for almost any type of WordPress site by applying one of the many pre-built demo websites in minutes. You’ll only need to add content and voila – you end up with a nice-looking website.
Integration went perfect, check out www.kloosterman.be
•   You can buy Avada HERE.
I will cost you around $ 60,- , but it is well worth the money!

Two minor problems:
1.] On the ancestor chart the tooltip does not work and checking the box results in the user being directed back to the same checkbox again. I corresponded with Darrin on that problem, it is probably not WP related and Darrin is aware of the situation where checking the box with some TNG users results in the user being directed back to the same checkbox again. He is working on a solution.

2.] The text version of the ancestor chart does not work perfectly, there is probably a conflict with the TNG css and one of the AVADA css files some where. 

But I really do not need the text version, so I commented the link out of the menu.

I think there is enough info on the ancestors without the text link. Besides that, I do not like the visual representation of the ancestors text version that much. The text version of the descendants is I think a better way to present a real text version (with the collaps/expand function), because is a real TEXT layout. You might consider in a next version of TNG to make the text version of the ancestors the same as of the descendants. 

But of course that is my personal view, although I corresponded with Darrin on my view and he “tended” to agree with me. LESS is often MORE