TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
carltonb

Family Group Worksheet Error

carltonb

This morning was the first time I used the FGW. I started to get the error in the attached file. Went to the wiki and d/l the current version.

Installed it and checked setup.php, and things looked good.

Tried to create the same FGW again and I still received the same error.

I am running v12.0.1beta 2.

Any thoughts as to why I am getting this.

Thanks, enjoy the rain.

Carlton Brooks

Mesa, AZ

Screenshot from 2018-06-20 12-33-58.jpg

manofmull

Carlton

The error is not very specific. Did you select a person from your database i.e. with a site ID number ?

Does the email showing match your site email address in Admin >> Mail and Registration and your own username email address ?

I did a test worksheet and it wouldn't work when blank i.e. I had to select a name/ID from my site database and then it worked, but this is something I'd never do for the reason given below.

I am curious though as to why you're doing a worksheet. This is for site visitors to complete and send to you as owner/admin. If this is just the installation setup you're doing, I can't remember mine doing a submission.

Michael

carltonb

Firstly, I know that this is for visitors to fill out. This is my philosophy. If I have partial information on a family and I want people to send me information. I create a form and email them the link to complete the information. I do not want to inundate a possible non computer user with the TNG navigation, especially if they have to register to see there information.

If you have a better idea please let me know. I have always looked for an easier method. This sure beats the old method of snail mail.

On filling out the form this has been my procedure since this mod first came out.

I go to the individual that I want the worksheet for. I click the link. I add either the male or female component to complete the tree. All the information is filled in.

I then go to the bottom of the form and fill in the submitter information of the person I am sending it to. I also fill in the box that says relationship with assorted information.

I then click submit. It then emails me the form witha a link which I forward to the individual.

Again thank you, and if you have a better process I am more than willing to try it.

Carlton