TNG Community
LJLachance

Allow Registered Users to Upload miscellaneous files

LJLachance

If this has been addressed I can't find it and I apologize in advance.  I have tried to determine if "media upload" would work but I'm not sure it will do what I am hoping.  Maybe there is a built-in function already or perhaps a MOD of some sort but again, can't find - 

I want to add an link to my drop down lists (available only to registered users) that would allow them to upload ANY file (except the obvious extensions like .js, .exe, .htm, etc) and have that file land inside a "secure" folder on my server so that only I may retrieve it either on line or via my ftp client.  I'm not looking for an interface to TNG, rather I want to allow someone who has a password (that I've already approved) to "click to upload" a file such as a photo, or a scan from a birth or death certificate, or even a small gedcom.  I'd like to limit the size of the potential upload as well to maybe 15Mb or more if necessary. And it would even be nice to have a short form they could fill out telling me what it is they are uploading.  I could make the form but don't want to reinvent the wheel if it's already been done by someone before me.

It would be nice to have a success alert telling them their files have been successfully transferred as well. 

Anybody with any ideas?  I'll take them :-)   I know there are third-party offerings such as Dropbox but I really don't want to use that unless I have to.

Thanks

Larry

Denton

I would like this too.  It could be a future enhancement or a mod.

Denton