TNG Community
Gebhard

Changing Media title doesn‘t work

Gebhard

Hi, after changing/modifying the media titles of my pictures and documents I regcognized, that the titles don‘t change on the individual page, so the old title still appears in the media table . If I click on the media for modifying/correct it, the new title is already there. If I delete all links to individuals and link it again new, the new title appears. Do I have to reset something to make the new titles active? I really don‘t want to make all media links new

best regards

gebhard

manofmull

Gebhard

If you have media linked to individuals e.g. imageX and you then rename it to imageY, the link is still pointing to X. You have to change the link to Y in order for it to be linked/displayed properly.

You can't just change the image names without breaking the links which point to the original image names.

You have to edit media from the linked person's page (click on media link and edit). Assuming you've changed mulitiple image names in your photos/docs folders, you now have to sort the links one by one.

Michael

theKiwi
3 hours ago, Gebhard said:

Hi, after changing/modifying the media titles of my pictures and documents I regcognized, that the titles don‘t change on the individual page, so the old title still appears in the media table . If I click on the media for modifying/correct it, the new title is already there. If I delete all links to individuals and link it again new, the new title appears. Do I have to reset something to make the new titles active? I really don‘t want to make all media links new

best regards

gebhard

The image title is also stored in the tng_medialinks table, so if you're directly modifying the tng_media table that would explain what you're seeing.

Roger

Gebhard

Thanks for the fast responses....maybe I made a mistake in describing the problem. I didn‘t change the file name (imageX to imageY) I changed the title (Headline) above the „Media Description“ area. In the media list everything is ok, no broken links, but on the individual person page, the pictures have still the old names. If i click on the picture to edit it, the new name is there. If I safe it, the old name still appears on the individual person page....very strange :-)  

Gebhard

manofmull

Gebhard

If you've just changed the title, then the new title should show on getperson page after a simple refresh of that page.

Is this not happening ?

Where exactly did you change the titles ?

Michael

Gebhard

Michael,

I changed it as admin in the table of media section, where you can delete, add etc. media. I refreshed it, deleted the cache of the website, but it doesn‘t work. 

Gebhard

manofmull

Gebhard

This works ok for me on my own site. Please see the message I sent you and respond.

M

manofmull

Gebhard / Roger

I had a look at the site Admin and removed "default tree" selection.

I also changed one media item to "all trees" and relinked the two persons.

I was then able to rename the media and it worked on the getperson pages.

Not sure if there's an easy way to correct all the other media on site.

M