TNG Community
Holly

Just a white screen

Holly

My website shows just a white screen. So I re-loaded version 11.0.2. I can see the read-me file through my website, but that seems to be the only page I can see. I cannot run the upgrade scripts or login or see anything but white.

Running php 7.0.

Help???

manofmull

Holly

I'm running TNG 11.1.2 with PHP 5.6.36

Can you try that version and see if things work ?

Looking at your readme file (full installation, not an upgrade), have you tried installing again ?

If you're just trying to upgrade, you should use the upgrade files (not full installation)

Michael

Holly

I was originally running 5.6 and it was not working (white screen). So I re-installed the TNG files. Still a white screen. So I updated it to 7.0. Still a white screen.

I'll change it back to 5.6.

Ken Roy
37 minutes ago, Holly said:

I was originally running 5.6 and it was not working (white screen). So I re-installed the TNG files. Still a white screen. So I updated it to 7.0. Still a white screen.

I'll change it back to 5.6.

White screens are typically caused by syntax errors.  Did you make any changes to cust_text.php or customconfig.php which if they contain syntax errors will return nothing but a white screen. 

You can use the PHP Syntax Checker to find syntax errors.

Holly

I didn't make any changes to the files plus I reloaded the software as downloaded and made no changes to that either. Just a straight re-install.

Ken Roy

Then you should ask your hosting service what is causing your white screen of death?  Unless you have access to your PHP error log and you can post the error you are getting

Holly

The error log says it cannot find the following files:

public_html/xmlrpz-sql.php
http://jrdick.com/wp-login.php

The latter is a Wordpress file!?!? I'm not sure if the first is only a Wordpress file or not. I have submitted a support ticket to the hosting company. Not sure why this is a recent issue. The site has worked for several years.

Thanks for your responses.

theKiwi
13 minutes ago, Holly said:

The error log says it cannot find the following files:

public_html/xmlrpz-sql.php
http://jrdick.com/wp-login.php

The latter is a Wordpress file!?!? I'm not sure if the first is only a Wordpress file or not. I have submitted a support ticket to the hosting company. Not sure why this is a recent issue. The site has worked for several years.

Thanks for your responses.

I don't think you have found the right error - you should try and log in to your site at some exact time - e.g. 5:00pm and then immediately go look at the error log to see what it says happened at 5:00.

Some of my sites get errors as you posted all the time - this is hackers looking for a way in to your site.

It is also possible that your site has been hacked - can you log in using FTP and see if there are any files in the public_html directory that you don't recognise as being part of TNG?

Or see what the support says - they can probably recognise very quickly what is wrong.

Roger

Holly

Support has the website back up. In looking at the error log via ftp, there was mention of a "PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect()".

It took me a bit to get template back up. I am using Template 3 and the files have changed over the various upgrades, but I think I am pretty much bad up. Is there a simple way to make the pages responsive for mobile devices or do I need to create a new template for that?

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

theKiwi

The more recent TNG templates are already mobile friendly.

Roger