TNG Community

Merging Sources - SQL database error

MHRose

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread but I am working on merging my sources.  I have run across 4 errors of the same nature which I have pasted here:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: UPDATE tng_sources set repoID = "R1" , actualtext = "

Consolidated Lists of Civil War Draft Registrations, 1863-1865. NM-65, entry 172, 620 volumes. NAI: 4213514. Records of the Provost Marshal General’s Bureau (Civil War), Record Group 110. National Archives at Washington D.C.

" WHERE sourceID = "S286" AND gedcom = "allofus"

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'http://research.archives.gov/description/4213514" target="_blank">4213514. R' at line 1

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: UPDATE tng_sources set repoID = "R1" , actualtext = "
Consolidated Lists of Civil War Draft Registrations, 1863-1865. NM-65, entry 172, 620 volumes. NAI: 4213514. Records of the Provost Marshal General’s Bureau (Civil War), Record Group 110. National Archives at Washington D.C.

" WHERE sourceID = "S286" AND gedcom = "allofus"

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'http://research.archives.gov/description/4213514" target="_blank">4213514. R' at line 1

The other 2 have the exact same SQL syntax error.

I am using simplyhosting as my host and I installed TNG yesterday V12.

It looks like the quotes in the actualtext variable are not being escaped.  So if all of your errors are ones where there is a hyperlink in the text, there is either a problem in TNG 12, or in some mod that you have installed.  There doesn't appear to be a hyperlink escaping problem in 10.1.1 for me to replicate your error.

No mods installed but I took care of the problem by hand by not merging the portion giving me a fit, processing the merge then entering the HTML portion into the newly merged source.