TNG Community

integration error message

wingfield

folks,

I'm using Kat's integration method.  I'm about 2 to 3 days in and have had zero errors thus far.  I've got multiple TNG links that up until now have worked perfectly.  now I'm getting an error message.  does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix / get rid of this error?  see the attachment for specifics.wp errors 1.png

Does the file "userlog.txt" exist?

If it is exists, is it writeable - permissions of 666 for example.

Roger

Roger,

the file "userlog.txt" does not exist.  the other file noted in the error message "log.php" does exist.  thoughts?

David

Roger,

thank you for your help.  I'm including the solution in case this catches other folks.

once I identified that "userlog.txt" did not exist (I guess I just assumed that if it was a TNG file, it should exist - never assume), I started chasing the issue.  I recalled that I had installed some mods, so decided to check those out.  after installing the mods, I had noticed that some had "options' but did not look at the options after they were installed.  I figured a green successful install meant a successful install with no more action on my part.  my second bad assumption.  I found a mod called "customized logs" which apparently requires a "userlog.txt".  this file is not created on installation but requires the user to create this.  there's a little button under the expanded options that checks for said file and creates it if it's not there.  once you expand the button, the guidance is in red; but after install, this is collapsed so I didn't notice it.  anyway, I did the check, it created the files it needed; and I'm now back in business.

I appreciate your help.  you're a regular on these forums and your help is much appreciated.

David

wp errors 2.jpg