TNG Community

Template Manager - A New Mod for Handling Template Data in TNG 12

Bill Herndon

Bill Herndon

I have released version 12.0.0.0 of Template Manager, a new mod for managing (loading, saving, and unloading) template data in TNG 12.

This mod supports the loading, unloading, saving, and erasing of template data to/from the TNG database. Local template configuration files, having the same format as in previous TNG releases, are used to store template data when not resident in the TNG database.  Three use cases were envisioned for this mod:

• Installing user-defined, or TNG community developed templates, into new TNG 12 installations (something that can't be done without Template Manager unless you know a lot about the template configuration file format and SQL).  Solving the TNG 12 installation problem for NearDawn and NearDark, my own templates, was a big motivator here.
  • Preserving template configuration across TNG releases.
  • Supporting the ability to add new parameters to, or changing parameter names, in existing TNG and 3rd-party templates.

Please see the Template Manager wiki page for additional information.

Bill Herndon

Lindell-Herndon Genealogy

• 1 year later...

I have released Template Manager version 12.2.0.0 for compatibility with TNG 12.2.

There is no new functionality in this release, but it is required for TNG 12.2 Template Manager users.

Please see the Template Manager wiki page for additional information.

Bill Herndon

Lindell-Herndon Genealogy