This thread is a continuation of the thread "Google Map API Change"
and is only about using Open Street Maps instead of Google Maps if you don't have a Google Map API key.
(Or if you have exceeded your limit and Google doesn't show the maps )
Ultimately this will become a mod to be used in these cases.
So the current stage of the development is this (and is working at my site - starting links below):
* I have made a new "osmmaplib.php" to be used instead of "googlemaplibOSM.php" that I used before
* getpersonOSM.php works.
- - - The map boundaries may not be the best as I haven't fine-tuned the different levels yet
- - - Person-links open a "OSM-getperson" page (you don't have to insert anything in the URL)
- - - Magnifying glasses in "Person-places" (not to the right of the map) open a "OSM-placesearch" page
* placesearchOSM.php works
- - - Person-links open a "OSM-getperson" page
- - - Swedsih places have zoom = 10, European = 7 (mostly) and USA = 5 (mostly)
* Modify the cemeteries page like the placesearch.php
* Make the Admin pages show OSM and accept point-and-click coordinates
- - - There is an example of retreiving coordinates (Lat & Long) in the docs 😄
* Fine-tune the zoom levels for getperson maps
The modifications are collected in a mod that I install in my TNG v12 test environment (w/o API key), thereby making sure it will work.
(I want to keep the OSM pages separate from my live site...)
The mod will probably work also w/ an API key as I simply (so far anyway) could just remove the "$map['key'] conditions".
A link for a person: https://xerxx.se/getpersonOSM.php?personID=I158&tree=tredNr2
A link for a place: https://xerxx.se/placesearchOSM.php?psearch=Almby%2C+Örebro+län&tree=tredNr2
You can select English or German by the flags up left.
Questions? Ask them here...