TNG Community

Creating custom events

bitterer

Hello,

there is an issue with my new tng V12 installation I can't solve.

- The list of custom events is empty.

- If I try to create a new custom event I get the message " Event Type could not be added because this ID already exists.. " This response is independent of the name or tag I use.

And in the apache error log there is an entry:

[Mon May 14 09:37:11.456115 2018] [php7:warn] [pid 12847] [client 24.134.38.129:52754] PHP Warning:  mysqli_stmt::bind_param(): Number of elements in type definition string doesn't match number of bind variables in /vHost/tngconnect.php on line 146, referer: https://familie.bitterer.eu/admin_neweventtype.php

Any hints?

Kind regards, Martin

Edited by bitterer

I checked in the database directly: tng_events and tng_eventtypes respond with "Empty set".

And I created a complete new site from scratch. V12 with a new database, everything original. Same issue. 😤

@Darrin Lythgoe - any hints from your side?

This is a user-to-user support forum and is not monitored by Darrin.  You should send this problem directly to Darrin, if you downloaded the zip files after May 11th.  If you downloaded before that then download the Patch12 zip file and see if that resolves your problem.

On second thought, before you email Darrin, if you imported your data to this new database, did you check the box for

• Accept data for all new Custom Event Types  or
  • Import Custom Event Types only (no data is added, replaced or appended)  and then re-import the GEDCOM

If you did not do one of the options above, then your Events tables will be empty.

Hello Ken,
I expected an error in the sources. So I logged in again to the V12 download site and to get the zipfile again - which was different in size.

But there is no information at all that there is a patch for V12 or something else that the original file contains an error.
I dumped my new site and created it from the new zipfile - still named tngfiles12.zip with date 1May2018 (sic!)  - here the creation of the events works.

Regards, Martin

Martin,

If you looked further down the download page where the upgrade zip files are provided, there is a Patch12.zip file with a date for all the fixes that Darrin has rolled into the original zip files since TNG v12 was first made available.

The date of the zip files remains when TNG v12 was made available.  So yes, there is no indication that Darrin has rolled fixes into the zip files.

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing as the original poster... the custom events are there, but nothing displays and I cannot add them to an individual.  I just did the v12 patch.  Still nothing.

events.jpg