TNG Community

No traductions

Francois Bouthillier

Francois Bouthillier

Some english word, as married, LEGITIMATE_CHILD, religious mariage appear in english instead of french. It's like that a missing translation. Where i could go to change the english name for the french one.

I checked to find the translation in the language file but i found nothing.

Thanks 

Francois

François,

Where are you seeing the English text.  Katryn and I spent a lot of time during TNG V12 beta testing revising and updating the French translations.

Is this on a custom event?  If so you need to enter the translations to be displayed by updating the Admin > Custom Event Types by adding the translations in the Other Languages  section

Francois Bouthillier

No is not custom. I made a copy. You will see them in filiation, mariage relation and mariage type. If you could tell me where are the english equivalent, i will try to change it for the french.

Thanks

Francois

famille2.png

Might be a GEDCOM tag.  Not sure where those are defined

EDITED:  Take a look at Admin > Custom Event Types and see if perhaps it is listed there.  If so then, please provide the tag so we can add it to the translations.

Bonjour !

I am sure they are Gedcom tags : on my family tree ), I did not even translate their name in the left column, I can see _FIL  where François has Filiation =>LEGITIMATE_CHILD,   and _UST instead of Relation => MARRIED

It should come from the gedcom.

If it can help, Ken :

I can see them just as François tree in my family tree (TNG 11.2),

gkvUCigzQ5XT.png

but they are not displayed anymore in my village tree (TNG 12).

XwEYArlKQvZ5.png

Well since they start with an underscore, they are not defined as standard GEDCOM tags.  These are proprietary tags added by whatever software is generating the GEDCOM file.

You might be able to translate the display for _FIL and _UST in the Admin > Custom Event Table, but I am not sure where the value for that tag would get translated.

Hello !

I was able to find these tags in my gedcom created with Heredis in 2013, but not in the other gedcom files generated by SmartGenealogy 2007 or Ancestrologie in 2006 or NosRacines in 2008 or Geneweb in 2018.

And I do not know how they come to be displayed in TNG <v12.

Darrin's email reply was as follows:

I see that Katryne has already figured out that the values are from custom gedcom tags, and the associated values are not translated.

Francois Bouthillier

Thanks, i finaly found those terms in the gedcom produce by Heredis 2018. Is-it possible to make a translation of those words in a next TNG ?

Francois

• 1 month later...

François,  ces termes sont utilisés exclusivement par Heredis dans leur production de Gedcom. Comme ce sont des mentions d'un Gedcom et qui n'est pas universel, ce ne peut être traduit, il n'existe pas de chaine de langue pour eux. Ce que j'ai fait : sur mon TNG, j'ai créé un gedcom en export, puis je l'ai réintroduit en import, et il me semble que les mentions spéciales à Heredis ne s'affichent plus.