TNG Community
JimW

There a ay to customize GEDcom TNG Export?

JimW

I recently looked at my GEDcom on Gedmatch. I was shocked in that it had all information from each generation. For some reason, I thought when I exported a GEDcom from TNG it would put "Living" or "Private" instead of people's information on those records marked as such. I have been looking in TNG for a place where one can set parameters for the export. All I wish to have is the first few generations informationless and only have grandparents, no children showing.

If someone can point me in the right directon, I would be truly grateful.

Thanks,

Jim

Ken Roy

Jim,

In this case, you need to create the GEDCOM from the Individual (getperson.php) screen, where you can specify Ancestors or Descendants and how many generations.

JimW

Thank you Roy,

Hummmmmm. That is the only way I know how to make a GEDCOM. I go to my record, hit the GEDCOM tab, adjust the number of generations and that is all that is able to be selected except for media, which I do not need to do.

How do other people get only the parents in the file for generations back..and only the dead ones? 

Jim

Fred Stuij

Who has advice for me.

Our file in https://alblasserwaard-genealogie.nl contains 445,000 names. I would like to make a GEDCOM. If I do this via GEDCOM export in the admin menu, I get the following message after four minutes: 504 Gateway Time-out nginx 1.10.3

If I then look in the Gedcom folder on the server at the provider, there is a Gedcom but that is 60,000 people. So I miss a good part.

I have asked my provider to extend the TIME OUT but that does not give any result either. Who recognizes this too? And what could I do to make a good Gedcom?

Fred Stuij

info@genealogie-alblasserwaard.nl

Chris Lloyd

Try splitting your gedcom into small sections by selecting a root person and then their descendants. You can then use something like Genmerge to combine them all http://www.genmerge.com/

Fred Stuij
Hi Chris, Thank you for your response. The problem is that I have linked 445,000 different people to each other. So no common ancestors. I really hope that there is a way to export a GEDCOM from TNG. At least nice that you gave me a tip.

theKiwi

When you start the Export, do you get a screen that looks like this

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 4.02.58 PM.png

with the link for "click here to resume"?

Do you click on "click here to resume"?

Roger

Fred Stuij

Roger thanks i fixed a gedcom 125 mb complete

Fred