TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
kamal

Plus Sign (+) / Descendants

kamal

I noticed this today,  one of my uncles has a PLUS sign besides name and no one else, what is this.  When I mouse over the PLUS,  the help tag says Descendants, and when I click on it, it takes me the the chart.  What's going on?   I recently upgraded to to TNG 11

Kamal 

that's this.png

Chris Lloyd

Means that the person has children and perhaps husband/wife as appropriate.

kamal

Thanks Chris

But why doesn't it show up for all of them?   They all have spouses, children, etc.   I've checked other families, it seems a bit of hit or miss whether the Plus shows up or not.  

Kamal  

Chris Lloyd

Have the others also got a "family ID" ? If not then perhaps something has been missed in your data entry.

In your image the one indicated is part of family ID F033 but his children and wife will be listed in another F ID.

Ken Roy
40 minutes ago, kamal said:

But why doesn't it show up for all of them?   They all have spouses, children, etc.   I've checked other families, it seems a bit of hit or miss whether the Plus shows up or not

The Plus sign only shows up if you run the Track Lines in Import Secondary Process after you do an import.  It would not surprise me that you need to run that process if you enter your data directly into TNG to get the children who have children of their own flagged so they display the + sign.

InControl

Hi Roy

The secondary process you mention, Track lines, how do you run that process manually?

Brett
15 minutes ago, InControl said:

The secondary process you mention, Track lines, how do you run that process manually?

From your Administration Menu, choose the Import/Export option. Next choose the Secondary Process tab. Track lines is on the left at the top of the Secondary Process page.