TNG Community

Date Format

GaryK4

2 minutes ago, Merv said:

Try

Admin>> Setuo>> General Settings>> Misc>> Numeric Date Preference (set there)>> Save

Merv, As stated in my post, I do have it set there, But it still dispays in the default format.

8 minutes ago, GaryK4 said:

Merv, As stated in my post, I do have it set there, But it still dispays in the default format.

Correct. I just rear up on it and that setting is in fact for interpreting date data entry...

Numeric Date Preference

If you enter a numeric date (e.g., 04/09/2008), this option determines whether to interpret the entry as Month/Day/Year (9 Apr 2008) or Day/Month/Year (4 Sep 2008).

2 minutes ago, Merv said:

Correct. I just rear up on it and that setting is in fact for interpreting date data entry...

Numeric Date Preference

If you enter a numeric date (e.g., 04/09/2008), this option determines whether to interpret the entry as Month/Day/Year (9 Apr 2008) or Day/Month/Year (4 Sep 2008).

Yes, I understand that it is important to interpret the data to put it in the database properly. However, you should be able to display it any way you like. Is this a missing feature?

PS: I am a software developer and I work with many different databases.

In genealogy we use the standard date format (SDF) which is least likely to create confusion when entering, matching, or merging data.

I'm guessing it is not a feature of TNG because of this.

True dates with TNG database are being saved in as yyyy-mm-dd.  I suspect that dates in the date fields are being saved as they were entered since mine show as dd-MON-yyyy with is the normal genealogy date format as imported from my desktop.

I think there is a mod that would provide the display you want - Dates - Mth Day, Year