TNG Community

Register for TNG Wiki Access

CloudedGenie

I've tried to create a user login on the TNG Wiki site so that I can download some of the newer mods, but the account has not been activated. I used the same login name as here (as described on the registration page, and the same email address, which is also the same email address that I used to purchase my TNG license... I also entered the URL of my website in the request. The request was submitted on 13 Jan 2018.

I did receive the automated message to validate my email account, and clicked that, but didn't receive any message saying my account was activated or rejected. I have checked my spam folders... I've also tried to just reset my password, in case the account was activated and I missed the message, but gets the system tells me no such user can be found.

I then tried to register again, but it tells me the user name is part of a request being processed.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way I can fix this?

Your account was not approved because your web site returns a 403 error code.  We still get spammers who try to register on the wiki, so I use the TNG Web site to determine that you are a TNG user.  I have tried multiple times over the last week to see if your web site would come on line, so I could approve the request.  I just checked again and the site still returns a 403 error.

I have approved your request based on this forum question.  Not being able to access your web site and having a hotmail email address does not allow me to distinguish valid TNG user requests from those made by spammers.

Thank you, Ken. I understand the spammer issue, but I’m now concerned about the 403 error... I’ve accessed the site a few time from the othe desktop and from the iPad, without issues, and my husband has accessed it from work, but we have not yet handed out logins to the rest of the family. I first have to clean up a bit of the mess I caused when I imported the data.

The site has seen some heavy maintenance the last week, let’s hope it was that.

Christelle

PS: I have had that hotmail address almost as long as my husband.... changing would feel like cheating :)

Christelle,

Some hotmail address are valid, so I am not asking you to change it. 

Your site returns a big circle with 403 in the center and then " There is an error while processing this request. "

Maybe you have .htaccess protection on the site, but normally that provides a prompt for credentials.

See https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204644980/why-am-i-seeing-a-403-forbidden-error-message