TNG Community
Katryne

Difficult install with TNG 11

Katryne

Hello !

Following my question of "1 TNG 2 trees: 2 url?", I decided instead to install another TNG, on the same hosting, with a sister sub-domain. I installed my 1st TNG years ago and I must learn the processus all anew.

Php version is 7.2, while the 1st TNG is with 7.0. I do not dare publishing here the URL, it would not be safe since install is not finished.

I loaded my TNG 11 on the server via php, created the data base at my provider's dashboard, and launched installation by calling the subdomain. I tried successively both regular and quick install, but any command displayed an ' Please wait, attempting to process... " message that lasted long minutes. So, I decided to chmod the files and folder via FTP as instructed, then renamed the files via ftp too. 

I was compelled to comment line 66 of adminlib.php since I met the error message : Query: SELECT * FROM tng_mediatypes ORDER BY ordernum, display

And I was enabled to go on. But not far :

Then I tried to establish the database connection, filled the fields and again this : Please wait, attempting to process...  lasting ... lasting ...

What should I do now, please ? Go back to php 7.0 ? What did I miss ? My first TNG works to the perfection on the same hosting place.

Ken Roy

Can you switch to use PHP 7.0?  and see if that lets you get further. 

Katryne

Thanks Ken

Setting PHP version to 7.0 enabled me a step forward  : I was able to save language setting. (Note that php 7.1 was not good either.)

I uncommented line 66 of adminlib.php.

I copied and pasted the informations  to fill in the fields for data base connection and got the answer :

Citation

Information sauvée mais la connexion n'a pas été établie. Un ou plusieurs des paramètres suivants est incorrect: Host Name, Database Name, Database Username, Database Password.

That is where I am :

- my TNG can be reached with the sub-domain address
- permissions and file renaming were done via FTP
- language setting were saved

I checked several times the data entered, trying "locahost" instead of the server name given by 1&1.

My first TNG, the other one, runs correctly on the save hosting, with a "sister" subdomain and under php 7.0 too. I installed it years ago with a 9x version of TNG and updated it to 10, then to 11. Note that yesterday I installed another CMS with another data base, and it was correctly installed using the host name provided by 1&1 and not "locahost".

What should I check now ?

Ken Roy

What version of TNG 11 are you attempting to install?  TNG 11.1.2 should support PHP 7.1 as far as I know.  

I don't know about 1&1 hosting requirements.  on ICDSoft, my Database Host is localhost but the Database Name needs to include the full name account_db-name

Katryne

Hello Ken and thanks for helping. You were right about TNG 11.1.2.

I installed TNG 11.1.2 and everything went well with PHP 7.0.

I had just failed to check for a new version and it took some times to find the mail I had received with the access keys ... I will  try newest versions of php and tell here about it.

I would really prefer to use a subdomain of the domain I use for the village stories (revestou.fr) instead of the domain I use for family matters (chauvigne.info), but I am not sure that TNG license gives me that right, since I already have a first TNG install with the family domain. Even if everything is in the same folder on my hosting server.

I will try now to upgrade my family TNG.

Thank you very very much.

Ken Roy

Bonjour Katryne,

I take it you were able to install TNG 11.1.2 with no problem. 

J'ai aimé lire tes deux sites web.  Mon ancêtre vient de Joigny au Québec avec le régiment Carignan-Salières en juin 1665

Katryne

Merci des compliments, Ken. Nous devons être cousins, du côté de l'Acadie (Daigle, Arsenault, Landry ...). Veux-tu un accès à ma généalogie ?