TNG Community
Marla

Change Birth Date in "Word" Birth Date

Marla

How can I change from numerical birth/death dates to " month word" birth/death dates, such as  1 Jan 2018"?

Capture.PNG

JWidner

There is a format command in SQL that goes like this: DATE_FORMAT(date,format). The "format" portion for what you want is used as '%d %b %Y' be sure to include the quotes.

Here is an example I use for a birthdays report I use to show the current month's birthdays. I've put in bold what you are looking for.

SELECT lastname, firstname, DATE_FORMAT(birthdatetr,'%d %b %Y' ) AS Date_of_Birth, birthplace, MONTHNAME(birthdatetr) AS Month_of_Birth FROM tng_people WHERE MONTHNAME(birthdatetr) = MONTHNAME(CURDATE()) GROUP BY birthdatetr

In this example, the birthdatetr field comes out as e.g. 08 Aug 1777

Marla
18 hours ago, JWidner said:

There is a format command in SQL that goes like this: DATE_FORMAT(date,format). The "format" portion for what you want is used as '%d %b %Y' be sure to include the quotes.

Here is an example I use for a birthdays report I use to show the current month's birthdays. I've put in bold what you are looking for.

SELECT lastname, firstname, DATE_FORMAT(birthdatetr,'%d %b %Y' ) AS Date_of_Birth, birthplace, MONTHNAME(birthdatetr) AS Month_of_Birth FROM tng_people WHERE MONTHNAME(birthdatetr) = MONTHNAME(CURDATE()) GROUP BY birthdatetr

In this example, the birthdatetr field comes out as e.g. 08 Aug 1777

Great!  Thank you for your advice.