TNG Community
jangosiewski

Customizing my website - Template 12

jangosiewski

Hello! I'm a new-user of TNG (v.11), I just have started creating my site, and I've some questions about customising of templates:

1) Is it possible to delete this box for searching people (top right corner of the site)? I'd like to leave "Search" only in one place on the main page - on the left side, together with links to "Home" and "Log In / Log Out"

2) How to turn off this bottom-box with most popular surnames in the tree? I rather prefer put some pure text in this place. 

3) Is it possible to edit the information about TNG (the footer)? I'd like to add some information about my copyrights.

4) How can I change the position of jpg/png file on the top left corner of site for make the margin width equal to the rest of the site?

Thank you very much for your help! 

Merv

Hi, This is done by editing code in your template 12 files that sit in your server. Have you got access to your server. (Preferably via a FTP program)?

jangosiewski

Yes, I use FileZilla and I have access to my server, but I have no idea which files in Template_12 folder contains data which are necessary to change, and also what exactly should I do with the code (how and where to edit) "inside" these css and pph files... 

Merv
10 hours ago, jangosiewski said:

1) Is it possible to delete this box for searching people (top right corner of the site)? I'd like to leave "Search" only in one place on the main page - on the left side, together with links to "Home" and "Log In / Log Out"

This is done in the templates>> template12>> topmenu.php file.

The associated code looks like this. You could try deleting the code...

Screen Capture #061.png

Remember to keep a copy of the old file just incase things go haywire

Chris Lloyd

Rather than deleting the code - I would suggest that you 'comment' it out so it can be re-instated should you choose.

jangosiewski

Thank you for your help - I have placed the entire <div class="cb-header-search-box">(...)</div> code section inside "comment" code <!-- (...) --> and it works as I wanted :) 

And does anyone know where I should look for the code controlling the issues I have asked about?

Merv
On 1/4/2018 at 2:45 AM, jangosiewski said:

2) How to turn off this bottom-box with most popular surnames in the tree? I rather prefer put some pure text in this place. 

... or you could create a new box to install your text?