TNG Community
aaronvonawesome

Error while preforming "Add New Event"

Question

aaronvonawesome

Update: I'm using version 11.1.2

I'm receiving the following error whilst trying to "Add New Event" (see screenshots):

image.png

image.png

Here are the steps to reproduce:

1.  Create a new Event for a Person:  Click "People" --> click on a person ID --> under "Other Events" --> "Add New"

2.  Select an "Event Type"

3. Add an "Event Date"

4. Add an "Event Place" by selecting the event place with the magnifying glass icon

image.png

5. Add "Detail" or not, either placing text in the "Event Detail", or leaving it blank, error still occurs

image.png

6.  Click "Save"

7.  Nothing happens, the pop-up window will not disappear, and the event will not gets created :( - using the developer console for the browser (F12) I was able to see the underlying error as posted in screenshots above.

Anyone else run across this issue?

Regards,

Aaron von Awesome

6 answers to this question

Ken Roy

On my host (ICDSoft), I get 500 Internal Server errors if the php file permissions are 666 instead of 644 or 664, since they do not allow write access to everyone

aaronvonawesome

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried changing the permissions on the file to 664 as you mentioned in your post.  I also tried 755 and 777, but I'm still getting the same issue :(

I am able to add events, but only if I DO NOT include an "Event Place", i.e. that field is left blank. 

Once the event is added, I can go back into the event and then add an "Event Place" via the "Modify Event" pop-up, but I should be able to add an "Event Place" during the initial "Add New Event".

Were able to replicate the error, or is it just me? ;)

Regards,

Aaron von Awesome

Ken Roy

Is this on your Raspberry Pi?  If so then you should read the wiki article on Raspberry Pi since you are essential pioneering.  Most of us use WampServer or XAMPP for localhost web servers.

aaronvonawesome

Hi Ken,

Yes, my TNG Server is running on a Raspberry Pi.  I'll have a look at the link you provided.

Thanks,

Aaron von Awesome

Ken Roy

well Aaron,

Chances are that the problems you are reporting are related to Raspberry Pi, so you may want to indicate that is your web environment when reporting problems.  Other than the author of the article to which I provided a link, I do not know of any Raspberry Pi users, so as I indicated you are pioneering.

aaronvonawesome

I've solved this! :)

This was a software issue, it had nothing to do with the hardware.

For those who might experience the same issue, turns out I had missed installing the php7.0-xml libraries on my server.

To resolve (on a Linux server), open a terminal and run the following command:

sudo apt-get install php7.0-xml

The Pioneer von Awesome,

Aaron