TNG Community

Blocked in several browsers

Bruce Roy

My computer will not let me load my site royroyes.net in all but one (Firefox) of my browsers, both on the web and on two local installations. This seems to be triggered when I select "Stay logged in..." (which I have not done with Firefox).

Even when I do log in as admin I get a blank page when I perform many admin functions - the action is carried out when I return to the previous page.

My local sites are fresh installations of TNG11.1.2 - not upgrades.

I am fairly confident that the issue is something in my TNG installation and in particular what it does with "stay logged in on this computer".

What TNG file handles this? Any other suggestions?

Bruce Roy

Reboot? Many times! Including safe reboot. Other devices repeat the pattern - iPhone, iPad, Mac Book Air. On my wife's iMac I have not chosen to "stay logged in..." (as with Firefox on my computer) so I am able to continue logging in. I assume that with iCloud integration the issue is replicated across my devices.

The key issue would seem to come from choosing to "stay logged in on this computer".

Thanks for taking am interest, Chris.

Done all that several times. The fact that it occurs in several different browsers suggests that it is a MacOS thing but I cannot see why it does this or where this is done. The fact that a browser that doesn't opt for "always stay logged in on this computer" continues to work suggests that it is not my site that is blocked but the automatic log in to that site. This seems to be a computer security thing??

My basic question for this forum is, why is it that TNG (and no other sites) triggers this? Does TNG's "always stay logged in on this computer" trigger this?

Hello Bruce, I doubt that... I have "always" been logged in to my online and offline sites for years and never had an issue... My guess is it is something with your computer. I personally use Chrome to access my online site and Firefox for my offline site as I often access both at the same time. Jim

Bruce,

I think the logon option is stored in the session cookie.  So maybe the way sessions are restored has changed.  I am not a MacIntosh user but recently was not able to find my session cookie in SeaMonkey to delete it after I had switch to French where one of the text files had a syntax error.

So maybe it is something like that.  Like Jim, I stay logged on and also restore my sessions when I restart my SeaMonkey or Firefox browsers. 

Thanks, Ken. The browsers that are affected are Safari, Chrome, and Opera. I am able to restore Opera. Chrome has a similar interface but failed to restore. I have managed to restore Safari! Had to go to the Develop menu for that. However Chrome stubbornly refuses to reinstate even though the caches have been cleared.

I can live without Chrome and I wait to see if my issues are resolved. I have yet to test whether I get the same issues in Admin where a function shows a blank screen but if I gp back the action has happened??

Thanks for your advice.

Bruce Roy