TNG Community

Date Columns wrapping in reports

jayat1familytree

jayat1familytree

I see that there is a fix to date columns wrapping on the 'getperson.php" files with a MOD created by Ken Roy.

Is there a fix for the same problem on various search results pages?

I have birth date columns that read

b. 31 jan

instead of  b. 31 jan 1971.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay

Jay,

I no longer support that mod since it conflicts with the Mobile Site Enhancements mod.

Ken,

Could the code you're using here also be used to tweak the column widths on a report? I'm still trying to figure out how I can set a particular column width on a Veteran's Report without using underscores in column names. 

The mod that Jay refers to changed the way the Date Column was used specifically in getperson.php but conflicts with the Mobile Site Enhancements mod, so the mod is no longer supported.

Without using underscores, you might be able to use the TNG css class=nw to prevent the column from wrapping.  If the report is coming from the report generator, maybe you should ask the question on the user2list since most SQL experts appear to use the list rather then the forum

I looked briefly at the Report Generator since my Military Service reports also wrap the date and I see no option on the Report Generator page that would allow specifying a column so that it would use nw (no wrap) class.

I suspect it's going to take a customized showreport.php and some special CSS, but both of those are way beyond my capabilities. I thought I had asked this once on the list, but I may be mistaken. Maybe I asked it on the Facebook group.