TNG Community

Custom events not importing via Gedcom

Newark

Having upgraded to version 11.0.2, I have set up a copy of my site on my PC using Wampserver and all working. To populate the standalone tng site I exported the whole tree via Gedcom and imported it into my wampserver site. All seems to have gone well except that no Custom Events have migrated at all. I have deleted the tree and tried reimporting 3 times to no avail. Custom events are all set to allow. Clearly I'm missing something and undoubtedly it's simple but I can't fathom out what it is.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or alternatively, are they all contained in a folder on the Simply Hosting web server which I can just copy across using Filezilla, as I have done with my Media. Which file are they contained in, as I can't identify that either? 

jayat1familytree

Check your settings at ADMIN>Custom events> and make sure that the custom events you want are not being ignored at import.

They need to be set to Accept.

All set to Accept. Just tried importing the gedcom again. Ticking the box, 'Accept data', for all custom event types, and 'Do not replace any data', option. That says it has imported 1173 notes, although if I click on Info/Notes on the drop down menue (Template 15) it tell me I only have 794 notes. Just checked, there are 2,130 notes in my online tree which all should have exported.

I am still missing all Custom events, notes that go with those custom events and sources that go with those custom events. 

Is it possible that they never exported in the first place, although there are no options to do that.

Thank you Ken, at first sight your suggestion appears to have 'found' all the missing events, so hopefully problem solved. One oddity, which I can sort with a report, is that I now have 594 living people, when previously I had 535? All other number totals agree. Odd.

17 minutes ago, Newark said:

One oddity, which I can sort with a report, is that I now have 594 living people, when previously I had 535? All other number totals agree. Odd.

Just realised what has caused that. I upped the setting from 100 to 110 for the age to assume someone is still alive at, where no death date is entered, in my stand alone site. It's still set at 100 in my online one. So no mystery at all really.