TNG Community
Derek Atherton

Resource Limit Reached

Derek Atherton

I've just tried to update my website and received the message "Resource Limit Reached" followed by:

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Can someone explain what this actually means?

Derek

Ken Roy

It means exactly what it says "you have reached the resource limit for your account" most likely for the month.  Who is providing your hosting service?  Maybe you can ask them to tell you why you exceeded your limits.

If you are on Simply Hosting like your signature seems to imply, you need to ask them why you are exceeding your hosting limit.  What is chewing up the resources?

Derek Atherton

Ken,

Many thanks - I'll get on to them!

TGLE

I have been plagued with this problem since trying to get my site (125,000 people using TNG 12.0.2) more prominently up on search engine results.  I installed the site map mod and registered sitemap with Google.  Since then access logs have been overwhelmed with bots from google msn and apple.  I am hosted by Simply which has been very helpful as this has led to MySQL database becoming corrupt, my being unable to repair it and Simply having to do a lot in the background to kill off running processes and repair the MySQL database.  I have now installed a guest account so that the public have to access my site (antill.org.uk) through that with a human being being able to interpret from the screen what to input as username and password.  I have also installed image-captcha mod.

I was getting loads of access from sites that operates as hide my ip address sites so concluded that IP blocking was not going to be a fruitful way forward.

If anyone else has any suggestions to help with this, grateful to hear.

Cheers,

John 

boonie67

John,

Had the same problem a few years ago. 

Some helpful mods Bot-Trap_Mod another these two should be installed to work together, Rip_Prevention_Mod, and Rip_Challenge_Mod.

Also you can block IP Adresses in your hosting cpanel which I have done. Hope this helps have been there and it is frustrating.

manofmull

I got the same message yesterday but only for a minute.

I'm also with SimplyHosting (recommended) so possibly a server blip?

Then again, I do have a busy site i.e. too many people logged in at the same time?

Michael