TNG Community

Cannot install mods after upgrading to TNG 11.1.2

Kare

I get these status messages in the Mod manager after upgrading from TNG 11.1.1 to 11.1.2:

-  ‘Cannot install’ and ‘Location: bad target’ when installing the ‘Broad search mod’ (v 11.1.0.2b)

-  ‘Cannot install’  and ‘Location: not unique’ when installing the ‘Cousins mod’ (v 10.1.3.2d)

Suggestions anybody for installing these mods?

Did you upgrade?  If so did you pull the upgrade immediately after Darrin posted the announcement message? 

If you have a backup of your cust_text.php, I would restore those files and then clean up any mod that shows partially installed.

We are aware of the problem, which will exist for any user doing a full TNG install and are working on a solution to update existing cust_text.php to the new TNG 11.1.2 messages in the cust_text.php files.

Yes, I upgraded from 11.1.1 to 11.1.2. I have 43 additional mods that installed as expected, so how would restoring the cust_text.php files solve the above error messages? The ‘Cousins mod’ was installed in 11.1.1 (without errors) and the ‘Broad search mod’ was not installed in 11.1.1. And I did uninstall all mods before upgrading...

Could be corruption due to some mod not uninstalling properly. It would be helpful to post the Mod Manager error display here.  What were the target php files? I use both of Chris's mods and didn't have an issue, though I did download the update after cust_text.php was withdrawn from the update.  Mod Mgr Analysis tab might help you as well.

Ron

Does the upgrade zip file contain cust_text.php files in the languages folder?  If you downloaded the upgrade when Darrin initially announced the upgrade, all the languages contained cust_text.php files that should not have been there.  So a restore of the cust_text.php files prior to the upgrade would fix the problem.  Darrin has since removed the cust_text.php files from the upgrade files as well as fixed the problem in the full install.

If you do not have a backup of your cust_text.php files prior to the upgrade, you will need to manually update the text at the beginning of the files so the mods will install, until Robin has the program written to update the cust_text.php files and his mods to use the new TNG 11.1.2 text strings at the beginning of the cust_text.php files.

I remember an extended list discussion on organization of cust_text.php for users vs. developers,and design changes coming on that (Is there a Wiki article yet?). However, with 43 Mods, you would think more than 2 of them would be adding to the cust_text.php in various languages (and not install).  If a backup of cust_text.php files is available, it would be important know if the Mods were still installed or not when that backup was made.  

Then, as requested earlier, could you post which cfg file targets were involved?  The mod mgr analysis too, to see what other mods are touching those target files. Difficult to for anyone to give specific things to try without more data.

Ron

3 hours ago, Kare said:

The upgrade zip file I downloaded and used does not contain cust_text.php files in the language folder.

Then I do not understand why you are getting the errors that you showed.  Those are the errors I received after unzipping the initial upgrade files that contained cust_text.php files when they should not have been replaced.

After restoring my original cust_text.php files, the mods referenced installed correctly.

Ken, I am working with Kare offline.  I have copies of the cust_text.php and topmenu.php.  The cust_text needs cleaning since has duplicate 'put your messages here'  and has partial cousins Mod lines in it.  Have forwarded a cleaned up file to try.  The Broad Search is in conflict with a Mod I couldn't find on the Wiki, the Template8 User Welcome Mod. According the earlier messages, this is the first attempt to install that Mod.

Ron

It would be interesting to know how the problem was caused so it could be prevented.   I indicated one scenario where I encountered similar problems after downloading the upgrade zip files immediately after Darrin posted them, where the cust_text.php file was replaced as part of the upgrade when it should not have been.  Darrin has since removed the cust_text.php files from the upgrade. 

We are working on a script to update the cust_text.php files to match the new text used in the TNG 11.1.2 full install that will be made available to be used by those installing mods and be part of future upgrades.

Thank you Ken and Ron. I replaced the English-UTF8 cust_text file with the 'cleaned' file and the Cousins mod now installs. I don't know why the file had duplicate 'put your messages here' in it, and why it had partial cousins Mod lines in it.

The Template8 User Welcome mod is a private mod I received from another TNG user, and it is not on the Wiki. I will contact him and discuss the conflict with the Broad Search Mod.