TNG Community
Hava

How not to display a certain person in a tree without deleting it

Hava

Last week some members in my tree want me to erase their record and connections.

I deleted their records but now, on second thought, I want to add them back but with a mark that they won't be displayed.

I tried to mark a person private and  set the privacy: Show Names for Private: NO  Show Living Data: Depending on user rights

but it didn't do anything. 

Is there possibility to do it? How?

manofmull

You say it didn't do anything. I think that's because you are viewing as admin/owner (see all). Try a test username and you won't see private.

Chris Lloyd

A quick way to view your site as a visitor is to use a different web browser that you are not logged into your site. I actually use a different computer so I can see how the changes I make appear to any visitor.

Hava

Thank you Chris Lloyd and manofmull. I follow your posts and on visitor i see now "Private".

Is there a possibility that only I as admin can see a person but anonymous visitor  will not see any hint (even not Private square) for those persons that made me delete theirs records?

manofmull

Anyone in your database marked "private" can only be seen by you or anyone you've given permission. For all visitors to your site, this "private" person does not exist for them i.e. they will see nothing, so cannot complain to you.