TNG Community

Lobsy

hello together,

my name is Hubertus Klatte and I come from Germany, Berlin.

For some time I use TNG 11.1.1 Template 14 now I would like to use the guestbook "Lazarus". Unfortunately it can not be integrated into version 11. In the "Mods" is "not installable". Can someone explain to me how to do this can make.
Many thanks and regards from berlin.

Hubertus Klatte

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Chris Lloyd:

Lazarus is NOT a mod for TNG it as an add-on from an external source.

This wiki link should help:

http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Lazarus_Guest_Book_-_Installation

Lazarus ran up to version 8.8 of TNG. It has been installed from the "Mods". As I said, it only ran up to version 8
and only to template 8. It is not synonymous maintained and the homepage page is no longer there.
Best regards

Do a search through the forum for lazarus - there have been a lot of posts in the last 12 months.

I've already done, but many thanks. the version goes only to TNG8 and not further. 
The program should be rewritten for version 11. 
My knowledge of PHP is less than necessary. As I said, the program has to come back to rewritten, 
since it is only in the version only. unfortunately the program is not further maintained. has probably been discontinued.
best regards

Lazarus GB runs quite happily in my T4 implementaion in TNG10.1.3

I see that the Lazarus GB site is currently down - no indication as to why. You could try sending Stewart a message by email: webmaster@carbonize.co.uk

Alan

I, too, have Lazarus installed on my TNG v. 10.1.2. Your site Host may have this as a script (and many others) which you could install and update through your CPanel, as I did. My host is SimplyHosting. Once installed then you can install into a TNG blank page and then enter the Lazarus Administration to customize the look to match the your website.

Hello,
once thank you for the many advice. 
It is unfortunately so that I have no idea at all of PHP. 
I have a guestbook, but I do not like it. I have already tried everything as far as Lazarus is concerned,
but I always get the message "Not installable".
Many greetings and best thanks
Hubert

Depending on your host you may be able to do it with a softaculous account: https://www.softaculous.com/apps/guestbooks/Lazarus

or alternatively http://installatron.com/advancedguestbook

Be aware though it hasn't been updated for about 2 years and there are some online reports that it poses a risk.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Chris Lloyd:

Depending on your host you may be able to do it with a softaculous account: https://www.softaculous.com/apps/guestbooks/Lazarus

or alternatively http://installatron.com/advancedguestbook

Be aware though it hasn't been updated for about 2 years and there are some online reports that it poses a risk.

Hello Chris,
thank you for your message. 
Yes ! This site I know also, that I have already tried a few times. 
From this side I always get the answer "not compatible". I use PHP 7.1 and always ask myself "why not?".
I have also registered with this site, brings nothing. 
I have also registered the webmaster of "Lazarus", but I have not received a reply so far. 
I hope that someone feels called to it and "Lazarus" for the new version of "TNG 11" newly developed. 
But thank you for your information.
Best regards
Hubert

1 hour ago, Lobsy said:

From this side I always get the answer "not compatible". I use PHP 7.1 and always ask myself "why not?".

I hope that someone feels called to it and "Lazarus" for the new version of "TNG 11" newly developed. 

Most likely because it hasn't been updated for more than 2 years and PHP has been continuously developed.

As Lazarus was made by a third party, it is unlikely anyone will develop it just for TNG. You could try asking some of the people who currently use it if they have a zipped copy of the download that may (or may not) work.

I have Lazarus v 1.24 running on my website and also on my PC based WampServer 64 for Windows 10.

The fileserver runs with PHP 5.5.38; Wampserver runs with 5.6.25

As I said above, I am still running TNG10.1.3 BUT I have seen no other reason to upgrade my own highly customised version EXCEPT for the possibility of needing PHP 7 at some stage in the future. So, a year or so ago I upgraded my copy of TNG basically to get rid of and change all the deprecated terms which have been written out of older versions of PHP in version 7.

I do have my original Lazarus zip file and also the file which upgraded to PHP 1.24. You are welcome to try them if you wich - send me a PM.

However, there is one test you might like to try. If you are using a server with cPanel, most ISPs give you the option to change the version of PHP you use. You could try dropping down to PHP 5.5 or 5.6 and so if Lazarus works on your site with that setting. If it doesn't I think you will need to look for some other reason as to why you cannoy get it working.

Alan

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Newfloridian:

I have Lazarus v 1.24 running on my website and also on my PC based WampServer 64 for Windows 10.

The fileserver runs with PHP 5.5.38; Wampserver runs with 5.6.25

As I said above, I am still running TNG10.1.3 BUT I have seen no other reason to upgrade my own highly customised version EXCEPT for the possibility of needing PHP 7 at some stage in the future. So, a year or so ago I upgraded my copy of TNG basically to get rid of and change all the deprecated terms which have been written out of older versions of PHP in version 7.

I do have my original Lazarus zip file and also the file which upgraded to PHP 1.24. You are welcome to try them if you wich - send me a PM.

However, there is one test you might like to try. If you are using a server with cPanel, most ISPs give you the option to change the version of PHP you use. You could try dropping down to PHP 5.5 or 5.6 and so if Lazarus works on your site with that setting. If it doesn't I think you will need to look for some other reason as to why you cannoy get it working.

Alan

Hello everybody,
I've made myself smart again. Lazarus runs with PHP 5 but no longer with PHP 7.
It was the same with "sqldumper", but here is a ran and the code rebuilt and 
now it runs also with PHP 7. I had tried to install some Guestbook, some did not happen
at all and the others was PHP 5 necessary although it was described in the config other.
If you have a TNG version, where "Lazarus" is running, should stay first. 
Can be that someone finds and the program completely, so that it runs also under PHP 7. 
Despite all this, I would like to thank all of you for the many references. A nice forum here.
Best regards
Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,
I just wanted to tell you that the guestbook "Lazarus" is now running. The installtion can be found in http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lazarus_Guest_Book_-_Installation/de in German. But there should be no problems to implement this. To all who supported me, a great thank you.
Best regards
Hubert

14 hours ago, Lobsy said:

Hello everybody,
I just wanted to tell you that the guestbook "Lazarus" is now running. The installtion can be found in http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lazarus_Guest_Book_-_Installation/de in German. But there should be no problems to implement this. To all who supported me, a great thank you.
Best regards
Hubert

It seems like the English version of this page hasn't been updated yet...

Roger

Am 22.9.2017 um 13:40 schrieb theKiwi:

Roger

Hello,
I can only say so much that the version Lazarus v1.24-1.25 b 1 was rewritten to run on the version of PHP 7. However, this is for German conditions. :)
Best regards
Hubert

Am 22.9.2017 um 13:40 schrieb theKiwi:

Roger

Hello,

I have an installation instructions for the Lazarus Guestbook written in German: Lazarus Guestbook - Installation/de
I can try to translate this Wiki-page in English, but I need your decision and help.

Should I re-create the whole page "Lazarus Guestbook - Installation" ??

When I am finished, who is testing my English translation?

Jürgen

Does anybody know, how to make only the guestbook link on the start page (Template 2) accessible for all users, when the site is only accessible for logged-in users?

Thanks

On 24/09/2017 at 10:34 AM, JPB said:

Hello,

I have an installation instructions for the Lazarus Guestbook written in German: Lazarus Guestbook - Installation/de
I can try to translate this Wiki-page in English, but I need your decision and help.

Should I re-create the whole page "Lazarus Guestbook - Installation" ??

When I am finished, who is testing my English translation?

Jürgen

@Ken Roy can probably tell you the best way to proceed.

I don't know if the current English page is at all relevant now? But it seems like the English page and the German page should say the same thing just in different languages?

Roger

If you are having problems with the latest versions of PHP with the Lazarus GB, I suggest you join the Lazarus forum and ask Carbonize for help. I've always found Stewart very approachable.

The Lazarus Guestbook forum

I am still with TNG 10.1.3 and Lazarus GB 1.24. I have just experimented with my localhost environment using Wampserver with the PHP version set to 7.0.10 Everything in TNG worked fine. Lazarus came up with an error which was corrected by changing one reference from mysql to mysqli. My online website stays strictly at PHP5.6 until such times as my ISP tells me that everything from PHP4.4 through to and including 5.6 are withdrawn and the only option is to use PHP7.1 (mind you by then they will already be peddling PHP9!!!

Alan

8 hours ago, theKiwi said:

@Ken Roy can probably tell you the best way to proceed.

I don't know if the current English page is at all relevant now? But it seems like the English page and the German page should say the same thing just in different languages?

Roger

It seems to me the Chuck Filteau's original English write up is still valid.  Unfortunately, I do not read German, but it appears that the German page only deals with the install and not all the other areas that the English page does, such as making the guestbook multi-lingual and how to create the TNG wrapper page.  If an English install page that matches the German Installation text is required, then the current wiki article needs to be renamed to preserve the additional content, in which case you need to let me know that I should rename the article since users are not allowed to rename (Move) TNG wiki pages.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Ken Roy:

It seems to me the Chuck Filteau's original English write up is still valid.  Unfortunately, I do not read German, but it appears that the German page only deals with the install and not all the other areas that the English page does, such as making the guestbook multi-lingual and how to create the TNG wrapper page.  If an English install page that matches the German Installation text is required, then the current wiki article needs to be renamed to preserve the additional content, in which case you need to let me know that I should rename the article since users are not allowed to rename (Move) TNG wiki pages.

oh, i have not been informed about answers ...

@Ken:

It is partly true that the old site still has valid information to help.
Therefore, I would suggest to rename the German side. Then I will try to translate my text into English.
But that must please correct someone
:?.

Jürgen