TNG Community

Create Marriage places in the report

Marla

Would love to create a report with marriage places added column in the reports cagetory  since there are no reports for marriage places, only couples with their marriage dates. It is pretty time consuming to open each individual to see their marriage places.

jayat1familytree

Marla,

Possibly this report would work for you?

http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Report:_Families:_husbands/wives,_sorted_by_place_of_marriage

and if you want to see persons sorted by Surname, then just change the last part from

ORDER BY Marriage_place, lastname, firstname   to

ORDER BY lastname, firstname

Hope that helps

Jay

Thank you for inviting me to your web site but unfortunately I can not enter it,  See below:

404 (Page Not Found) Error

If you're the site owner, one of two things happened:

1. 1) You entered an incorrect URL into your browser's address bar, or
  2. 2) You haven't uploaded content.

If you're a visitor and not sure what happened:

1. 1) You entered or copied the URL incorrectly or
  2. 2) The link you used to get here is faulty.
  3. (It's an excellent idea to let the link owner know.)

• 1 month later...

This report does not work on mine, either. TNG 10.0.02 When I save and exit, it kicks me back to the Home Page (Admin) and it has not saved, or created the report. I had this problem with one of his other reports (can't remember which one) but others I have tried work fine. Done it twice, same result. Any ideas?

jayat1familytree

first you need to save the report in the report generator......

SELECT f.marrplace AS Marriage_place, p.personID, p.lastname, p.firstname, f.marrdate, p.living, p.gedcom
FROM tng_families AS f INNER JOIN tng_people AS p ON (f.husband=p.personID AND f.gedcom=p.gedcom)
WHERE f.marrplace<>"" AND f.husband<>"" UNION SELECT f.marrplace, p.personID, p.lastname,
p.firstname, f.marrdate, p.living, p.gedcom
FROM tng_families AS f INNER JOIN tng_people AS p ON (f.wife=p.personID AND f.gedcom=p.gedcom)
WHERE f.marrplace<>"" AND f.wife<>""
ORDER BY Marriage_place, lastname, firstname

After that if it does not run, then go to your phpmyadmin and run the sql code directly to the database.

If it does not run an ERROR will list where to look for the error. Once we know that we can help you fix the problem.

Thanks Jayat. The issue is though that it will not save or save and exit. When I click on either of those options, it boots me back to my home page. When I go back to my list of reports, it is not there. I have managed to install and  run successfully, several other reports without this problem, so there must be something in the coding that my set up doesn't like. I hasten to add that my site is totally standard, with no mods or additions. 

Just now, Newark said:

Thanks Jayat. The issue is though that it will not save or save and exit. When I click on either of those options, it boots me back to my home page. When I go back to my list of reports, it is not there. I have managed to install and  run successfully, several other reports without this problem, so there must be something in the coding that my set up doesn't like. I hasten to add that my site is totally standard, with no mods or additions. 

My website is www.ourancestralheritage.com

Report works fine as far as it goes as presented by Jay above. However, there are a number of issues which would need to be addressed if it is to be of practical use. Firstly, in my own database, this report gives a list of 7314 matches. This is double the number of marriages as each participant is listed on a separate line.  Secondly for a place which has many marriages, the couples get split up when sorted by surname. I realise that you could rewrite the sort for instance by place, then date perhaps.

I guess ultimately it may require to be converted into a mod which can be more appropriately formatted. As part of the Cousin mod trilogy (Chris Moss), the Multiple (in-law) marriages between two families used a similar approach which included Marriage Place. This is the example from my own site:

Multiple (in-law) marriages between two families

Alan

On 11/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, Newfloridian said:

Report works fine as far as it goes as presented by Jay above. However, there are a number of issues which would need to be addressed if it is to be of practical use. Firstly, in my own database, this report gives a list of 7314 matches. This is double the number of marriages as each participant is listed on a separate line.  Secondly for a place which has many marriages, the couples get split up when sorted by surname. I realise that you could rewrite the sort for instance by place, then date perhaps.

I guess ultimately it may require to be converted into a mod which can be more appropriately formatted. As part of the Cousin mod trilogy (Chris Moss), the Multiple (in-law) marriages between two families used a similar approach which included Marriage Place. This is the example from my own site:

Multiple (in-law) marriages between two families

Alan

22 hours ago, Newark said:

Maybe it's not the report I'm looking for then. I can't cope with 7k answers!

My website is www.ourancestralheritage.com