Jump to content
TNG Community
TJSwe

Add new person, id suggested already in use. V.11.1.1

Recommended Posts

TJSwe

This weekend i moved to a new server and in the same process to a new TNG version. (Im helping a genealogy society with the technical stuff, i dont use TNG myself)

Upgraded from 9.2 to 11.1.1 on the old server, moved the files and exported the database (via Mysql) and imported the database on the new server.

Now when the administators log on to start using the new server and wants to add a new person, the ID suggested is in use. "ID 2 is in use. Please choose a different ID"

Is there something i missed or that went wrong in the move? It seems like TNG cant find the next available ID?

I have tried to search but the therm "ID" is to short for the search i think.

/Thomas in Sweden

 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theKiwi

Did you also move a copy of the "Table Structure" ? Or did your move bypass that and just move the entire database, along with all its settings for various fields like auto-increment etc.

What number does it give if you click "Generate"?

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJSwe

Nothing happens when i klick generate.

The move was done by mysqldump into a completely emtpy database.

In the same move i did four other separate installations of TNG with the same server and procedure which are all working now that im testing the same on those.

So im starting to suspect that this particular database was moved incorrecly by me.

I will have to retrace and perhaps re-do the export again and check.

Many thanks for super-quick response!

/Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manofmull

I'm curious as to how your ID numbers don't have a prefix letter I ("eye") or P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJSwe

Ok. Have done the move three times now.

I have a working V11.1.1 on my old server. It gives new ID-numbers just fine and I71156 is the first id to be used.
Files are copied to the new server. Everything is chmod 777 and owned by the apache process (just to be sure)
Database is dumped with mysqldump on the old server and imported to the new server with mysql command-line.
Everything looks ok in terms of content except it now gives me a new person id of "2" not "I2" just "2" as named in the previous post.
If i enter id as "20" check = "ID 20 is OK to use"
If i enter id as "I20" check = "ID I20 is in use. Please choose a different ID"

The same move procedure have been done for 4 other databases

Old server Mysql 5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2 (Ubuntu)/PHP 5.4.45-3+deb.sury.org~precise+1
New server Mysql 5.7.19-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu)/PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Im lost and would be very glad if someone have hints to where to start to troubleshoot...

The database contains around 107 000 individuals, 27000 families.

If any other data is needed, please tell!

 

 

db_upgrade_batsman.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manofmull

In Admin / Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings >> Site Design and Definition >> Doctype Declaration:

Do you have a blank box here ?

You should have something like <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJSwe

It is empty.

(Checked the other installations that are working. Also empty there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manofmull

Copy, paste and save to the box  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">

It might clear up your problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theKiwi
19 hours ago, TJSwe said:

Ok. Have done the move three times now.

I have a working V11.1.1 on my old server. It gives new ID-numbers just fine and I71156 is the first id to be used.
Files are copied to the new server. Everything is chmod 777 and owned by the apache process (just to be sure)
Database is dumped with mysqldump on the old server and imported to the new server with mysql command-line.
Everything looks ok in terms of content except it now gives me a new person id of "2" not "I2" just "2" as named in the previous post.
If i enter id as "20" check = "ID 20 is OK to use"
If i enter id as "I20" check = "ID I20 is in use. Please choose a different ID"

The same move procedure have been done for 4 other databases

Old server Mysql 5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2 (Ubuntu)/PHP 5.4.45-3+deb.sury.org~precise+1
New server Mysql 5.7.19-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (Ubuntu)/PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

Im lost and would be very glad if someone have hints to where to start to troubleshoot...

The database contains around 107 000 individuals, 27000 families.

If any other data is needed, please tell!

 

 

 

Have you looked at the various xxxconfig.php files between the site that works and the one that doesn't?

Seem like it's missing being told whether to use the I or P prefix at least in the Prefixes and Suffixes area of TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
klooster

I never use the exported the database (via Mysql) and importing the SQL database on the new server.

Just use the backup from TNG, tables and files and restore through TNG. First restore the tables and then the files.

Much saver than with the MySql exported dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJSwe
5 hours ago, theKiwi said:

 

Have you looked at the various xxxconfig.php files between the site that works and the one that doesn't?

Seem like it's missing being told whether to use the I or P prefix at least in the Prefixes and Suffixes area of TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings

Roger

 

Bingo!

The prefix-settings dialog was empty. Looking at the config files for V11.1.1 the prefixes seems to be stored in config.php.

In V9.2.2 the prefixes seems to be stored elsewhere (database?). I must have copied the V9.2.2 config file to the new server (this was the first installation i moved a few months ago)

Each test i did yesterday on the new server, i retained the original config file from the first move in another directory and replaced the newly moved one! :x

So i just moved the error along with each troubleshooting move.

Everything works well now!

A million thanks for your support and rapid response!

/Thomas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theKiwi
7 hours ago, TJSwe said:

 

Bingo!

The prefix-settings dialog was empty. Looking at the config files for V11.1.1 the prefixes seems to be stored in config.php.

In V9.2.2 the prefixes seems to be stored elsewhere (database?). I must have copied the V9.2.2 config file to the new server (this was the first installation i moved a few months ago)

This was not an option in TNG 9.x - it was always assumed to be I with no choice.

The upgrade routine would have added this setting (and probably a number of others) to your config.php file.

 

7 hours ago, TJSwe said:

Each test i did yesterday on the new server, i retained the original config file from the first move in another directory and replaced the newly moved one! :x

So i just moved the error along with each troubleshooting move.

Everything works well now!

 

Hooray :)

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×