TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
mckee.pat@gmail.com

Language preference for users - why is Database table missing languageID field?

mckee.pat@gmail.com    0
mckee.pat@gmail.com

I made changes to my site to allow multiple languages and the translation works great.  However, I discovered when a new user tries to register, they get an error message.  After looking at the tng_users table, the languageID field is not in the database.  Of course, I can add this field to the table, but I need to understand why it is missing.  Did I miss a step somewhere?  I have been using TNG for 8 years and done many upgrades, but this is a first. 

Here is the message:  An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message:

Query: INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_users (description,username,password,password_type,realname,phone,email,website,address,city,state,zip,country,languageID,notes,gedcom,role,allow_living,dt_registered) VALUES ("xxx","x@gmail.com","xxxx","md5","abc","999-000-9999","x@gmail.com","http://","xx","xx","CA","99999","USA","2","","","guest","-1","2017-08-07 13:06:35")

theKiwi    0
theKiwi

It would seem likely that you have missed a step in one of the upgrades to run the dbupdate script.

You could try running that script from the last update you did and see if that fixes it - or even from an earlier update.

If you're comfortable looking through PHP files, take a look through the dbupdate script from previous updates and see if you can find where it was introduced.

Roger

mckee.pat@gmail.com    0
mckee.pat@gmail.com

Thank you.  I am pretty meticulous whenever I do an upgrade, but I guess it is possible.  I will look to see what I can find.  I just need to know how the field is to be defined.

mckee.pat@gmail.com    0
mckee.pat@gmail.com

OK.  I found it.  It was in the 11.0 upgrade and listed in the change history.  Sorry, I should have looked closer in the change history before I posted this.