TNG Community
Marla

Birthday Month report

Marla

I need some help with this below.  What did i do wrong with this?  I would like to see how many people have their birthday months in the report (create report)..

SQL: SELECT CASE WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=3 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=21) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=4 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=20) THEN "January" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=4 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=21) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=5 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=20) THEN "Feburary" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=5 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=21) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=6 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=21) THEN "March" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=6 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=22) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=7 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=22) THEN "April" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=7 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=23) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=8 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=23) THEN "May" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=8 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=24) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=9 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=23) THEN "June" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=9 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=24) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=10 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=23) THEN "July" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=10 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=24) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=11 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=22) THEN "August" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=11 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=23) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=12 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=21) THEN "September" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=12 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=22) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=1 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=20) THEN "October" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=1 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=21) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=2 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=19) THEN "November" WHEN (MONTH(birthdatetr)=2 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)>=20) OR (MONTH(birthdatetr)=3 AND DAYOFMONTH(birthdatetr)<=20) THEN "December" END AS Month, COUNT(*) AS People FROM tng_people WHERE DAYOFYEAR(birthdatetr)<>"" GROUP BY Month

Mark

Try

SELECT MONTHNAME(birthdatetr) AS Month, 
count(*) AS Birthdays
FROM tng_people
WHERE  MONTH(birthdatetr) <> 0
GROUP BY MONTH(birthdatetr)
HAVING Birthdays > 0
ORDER BY MONTH(birthdatetr)

Marla

Perfect!   That is what I want...   Thank you...