TNG Community
boonie67

Rip Prevention

boonie67

With all the bots, crawlers, etc in our site would sure hope to get an updated version of the Rip Prevention for TNGv11.1.1 as it seems to help with all the ripping of sites taking place. Great mod and now needed more than ever it seems. 

tngrlkrz
1 hour ago, boonie67 said:

With all the bots, crawlers, etc in our site would sure hope to get an updated version of the Rip Prevention for TNGv11.1.1 as it seems to help with all the ripping of sites taking place. Great mod and now needed more than ever it seems. 

It was updated for 11.0.2 on June 8; so I take it that version doesn't run on 11.1.1? http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Rip_Prevention_Mod ?

boonie67

Capture.JPGThe challenge is blank in TNG version 11.1.1. and needs to be updated.

boonie67

Just read information about the google keys and found the key is V2. The mod does show ripping and challenge page however the recaptcha challenge is omitted so it can not succeed with V2 key and needs updating.  

bhemph

Yes, the Rip Challenge Mod is not compatible with a V2 key.  I only made the former mod, which used V1 keys, functional again in terms of the PHP deprecations.  I didn't figure out how to update the code to the V2 key functionality.  I know that doesn't help those of us who only have access to V2 keys to be able to use the captcha functionality.  The Rip Prevention Mod can run and ban bots and spammers without the challenge mod, but I do know it is a little bit messier in terms of user experience.

Brent

boonie67

Brent,

Have been trying to code for the rip prevention to work. Below is a screenshot of the recaptcha. This works as suppose to however the submit does not send to page to continue browsing. Any thoughts on this code?

Capture.JPG

bhemph

Randal,
     That looks to be the same as where I got.  I spent a couple days looking at it trying to figure out why, but couldn't make sense of what was different.  I have been working on more family research lately and haven't gone back to figuring out what is wrong to get this working.

Brent

Hemar

The  Rip Challenge Mod is still not working. Below is a trial, how a solution (image captcha or recaptcha2 depending on setting) could be in TNG V12.

image.png

The (Continue) button is controlled by  TNG_captcha.php. Has anybody an idea how to make the Continue button reset the challenge and  go to the previous or the main page in addition to it's main task (confirming the captcha).

The code to regard  is something like this:

<form action="<?php echo $this_page;?>" method="post">
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
      <tr><td><span class="normal"><?php echo $text['rip_challenge_info']; ?><br/><br/></span></td></tr>  
      <tr><td><br/></td></tr>
    </table>
    <?php include($cms['tngpath'] . "TNG_captcha.php"); ?>
</form>

B/r Hendrik

boonie67

The recaptcha id's need to be the old ones but couldn't get it to work.