tngrlkrz

Report Creation Errors in French

9 posts in this topic

In Admin:Reports, looking at report creation, and during trial and error testing, why are errors French, even though one's language is set to English, or another language?

Secondly, is there a set of ready made reports that others have shared, so the wheel doesn't need reinventing?  I see the http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Henny_Savenije_-_Reports but they are out of date from 2009 and generally will have errors with the current database definitions.

Graham,

Thank you very much for sharing!  Some excellent reports and will can be a personal SQL learning tool also. The RR report is particularly useful, but I must ask, what does the (sqlselect, '<', X'266C743B'), '>', X'2667743B') signify?

Ron

I can't remember what that is for now, or be sure who helped me do this. As far as  can remember it enables all the code in the reports to be displayed 'normally'. I will check with my friendly SQL expert and get back to you asap.

Anyway it is only relevant if you want to share the  codes of all the reports on you your site like I have done.

Created a simple SQL for a branch report as follows:

SELECT lastname, firstname,birthdate, tng_people.personID, tng_people.gedcom, tng_people.branch FROM (tng_people ) WHERE (tng_people.branch = "Ancestors") ORDER BY lastname

In Admin, the branch contains 407 people, 228 families, but I have a second branch with 108 people who are in both branches (407-108=299). Curious as to why those in both branches would be excluded, since persons can be in multiple branches.

If I change the tng_people.branch= the second branch, SQL returns zero results.  If I delete the second branch, then all in the first branch are reported.  

I need to do some TNG reading on branches.  

OK, I think the reason I'm seeing SQL errors in French is related to how my Wamp server is setup, apparently, since  I see it in phpMyAdmin as well.  And my test and live websites are OK with SQL errors in English.

Thanks Ken....changed  ~\Wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.6.17\my.ini from fr_FR to en_US and now I can read errors.

13 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

In Admin, the branch contains 407 people, 228 families, but I have a second branch with 108 people who are in both branches (407-108=299). Curious as to why those in both branches would be excluded, since persons can be in multiple branches.

If I change the tng_people.branch= the second branch, SQL returns zero results.  If I delete the second branch, then all in the first branch are reported.  

I need to do some TNG reading on branches.  

Quoted my own post, ..found a solution with reports found at http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Henny_Savenije_-_Reports .  Found I could list both overlapping branches in one list with this (only one correction to make it work).

SELECT bl.branch, b.description AS branch_descriptions, p.personID, p.lastname, p.firstname, 
p.birthdate, p.living, p.gedcom FROM tng_branchlinks AS bl
INNER JOIN tng_branches AS b ON (bl.branch=b.branch AND bl.gedcom=b.gedcom)
INNER JOIN tng_people AS p ON (bl.persfamID=p.personID AND bl.gedcom=p.gedcom)
ORDER BY branch, lastname, firstname, birthdatetr;