TNG Community
Evananda

DNA MOD not working when I click on "DNA TESTS"

Evananda

I have just installed the Add DNA Test Results MOD, version 11.0.0.7f. Parts of it seem to be working, and I am able to create a new DNA test and edit the older ones (pre MOD) but when I click on"DNA TESTS" this is what I get:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: SELECT testID, test_type, test_number, vendor, tng_dna_tests.gedcom, tng_dna_tests.personID, treename ,haplogroup, markers, confirmed, person_name, private_dna, dna_group, dna_group_desc, surnames, MD_ancestorID, MRC_ancestorID FROM tng_dna_tests INNER JOIN tng_trees on tng_dna_tests.gedcom = tng_trees.gedcom WHERE tng_dna_tests.gedcom = "tree1" ORDER BY test_type, dna_group_desc, personID, vendor, test_date LIMIT

After install I did Create DNA Groups Table and Update DNA Tests Table ... but in the Update this is the result on the screen shot

Not sure what to do next.

Screenshot 2017-05-17 12.46.42.png

Screenshot 2017-05-17 12.53.39.png

Ken Roy

what is the next line after the query?  that shows what the error really is.

Did you run the update more than once?  Did you have a previous version of the mod installed before where you would have run the update?

Evananda

Hi Ken,

There is not another line after the query. The screenshots show everything there is.

I ran the update about 4 times and I created several new records and edited several old records. This was the first install of the mod today.

Ken Roy

If you created and edited several records, where are you getting a problem. 

Screen shots are normally not that helpful in solving problems.  What is the URL of the page that is a problem.

Evananda

This is the problem: http://rofheartjones.us when you click on "DNA Tests" you get the error code and not what you should see according to the wiki for the mod.

Screenshot 2017-05-17 17.17.01.png

Ken Roy

According to phpMyAdmin, it is a syntax error.  What happens when you uninstall the mod.  Does TNG return the list of tests?

I ask because I am trying to determine whether this is a TNG issue or a mod issue

Ken Roy

I noticed that you are running TNG 11.0.1  There are TNG fixes for the DNA Test in TNG 11.0.2 and 11.1 so you may need to download the latest TNG version.  If you are not in a position to upgrade, then copy the DNA modules from the current version to your existing TNG 11.0.1

Evananda

1. What is involved in an upgrade? 2. If it is too complicated then I will do as you suggest, but where do I find a current version to copy the DNA modules from? 

Ken Roy

you will need to download the current versions from the TNG download site.  The upgrades since TNG 11.0.1 are all bug fixes, so it should be fairly simple to copy modules  from the TNG 11x to 11.1 upgrade files to you site.

You may want to uninstall your mods before upgrade and backup the files indicated in the readme... file for the upgrade, typically your configuration files although I don't think they are not impacted by this upgrade.

Alternatively, contact me using my web site, and I can send you the DNA modules that were changed.

Evananda

I am contacting you via your website for the DNA mods. 

Ken Roy

The problem appears to be caused by the value of DNA Tests Max Search Results being blank.

Go to Admin > Setup > General Settings and expand the DNA Tests section.  If the value shows 50, then click the Save button to update the value in config.php

Evananda

The DNA Tests Max Search Results is 200

Ken Roy
31 minutes ago, Evananda said:

The DNA Tests Max Search Results is 200

Well, change it to 50 and see if that solves your problem.  If not you really need to send me site access credentials as requested previously for me to look at what is going on

Evananda

Changing it to 50 worked...Thanks.

Ken Roy

Are you sure the DNA Test Max Results was set to 200?  Not the TNG one in the Miscellaneous section.

Evananda

It was in the DNA Tests.

Ken Roy

Strange since I cannot replicate that problem.  I can cause the problem if I clear the field and save the General Settings.  What is you default for the Max Search results in the Miscellaneous section?

Ken Roy

OK. I can replicate the problem if I do the following:

• Change the Max Search Results in the Miscellaneous section to 200
  • Clear the DNA Max Search Results field
  • Save the General Settings

When I re-open the General Settings, the DNA Max Search shows as 200, but it is really nulls until you Save the settings.

We are looking at making that value more dummy proof since currently it requires that you save the General settings after installing the mod..  I will also update the TNG Wiki article to indicate the save of Setup > General Settings as a requirement.