TNG Community

Should I share these Mods?

mkoche

7 hours ago, mkoche said:

Ken's issue I think is still related to the tree.

Scott,

You are correct it is still related to the tree.

If I select a branch that shows as Ancestor - T0001,  I expect the tree= to be set to T0001 by the mod and not have to also select the tree from the tree pull down.   When I changed the tree pull down to select T0001 and resubmit the search then it returns only 4 entries instead of the 66.

Edited:  By the way, the Branch pull down label should be Branch and not Branch of Service

4 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Edited:  By the way, the Branch pull down label should be Branch and not Branch of Service

Interesting...the branch pull down shows correctly as 'branch' for me.

BTW...I tried adding a 2nd tree and another branch on it.  I then got the tree pull down, along with the tree - branch pull down, but was unable to filter and list anything from  the 2nd tree and 2nd branch on that tree with the searchform.

EDIT: The above behavior is likely caused by my forcing the $tree variable to my first tree in search.php....so that note can be ignored.

Branch of service is my problem.  I will need to update my $text variables I use for my veteran database since it is impacting TNG.

I should have checked my cust_text before adding that comment.

I just downloaded and installed branch_search.cfg but there are only two posibilities, there is no check for "no parents".

Did I miss something or downloaded wrong version. I need this check.

Thanks for help.

mod.JPG

It not direct connected with this mods, I saw on your site very interesting page "Family Central".

This is useful to write general stories about some familys. Is it possible to have this as a mode too, or could be done manualy. If you have fun to share it with me I will test it with pleasure,

Best Regards

The mods are shared. 

1) Resolving the absent tree in the search my line only flaw is much closer. 

* The mod will only now work for if the installation has only one branch labelled "Ancestor" and not multiple branches in multiple trees.  If there are more than one, the checkbox will not appear.

* The mod will not show a checkbox if the user is restricted to another tree that does not contain the branch.

* Where there is only one branch called ancestor and the user has access to it - the checkbox will appear and it will include the name of the tree associated with that branch in the search string.

2) I realized that it was easier to combine the search my line only and search no parents into one package since they really are complementary.  One installation only and one set of instructions.

I hope they work for everybody!  They are working great for me.

Here is the Mod Wiki - http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/End_of_Line_Search

Scott,

I think it was a logical approach to combine the two Mods.  I was considering doing that myself.  In a quick test, I believe I still will have to force $tree in search.php, but I can insert that into Mod for my private. Someone will resolve this eventually!

As to the Mod name, you usually don't put the 'cfg' in the zip file name, but just the actual cfg file itself.  A minor comment is that in naming this Mod, I likely would have called it 'direct line search' or 'ancestor search', but what you have is fine with me.  

EDIT: For my usage, since it is exclusive to the (my) 'Ancestors' named branch, I restricted the 'Search my line' to $allow_admin only, but the 'Search no parents' remains active for any user.  

Thanks again and good job on the Wiki article. NOTE:I edited Step 2 of Automated Installation to the current filename for extraction, instead of  'search_no_parents' zip.

Regards,

Ron

If you should decide to rename the mod, let me know and I will rename the wiki article to match the mod name.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Ron -

1) I am pretty certain the tree issue is resolved.  However, based on your comment, I checked and it was sending the search for gedcom and not tree. I just changed that and am hopeful it will not be an issue again.

2) The name change was a logical idea.  I adopted it and redid the wikipage. http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Direct_Line_Search

Ken -

Your edits much appreciated, thank you. I did change the name - made a new wiki page and deleted the text from the old.  Please do take a look when you get a chance.

Great job!...you finally did resolve the $tree setting!  Very nice.    The other item Ken will likely suggest in the name is to suffix it with the earliest version it works on 'v_11.xx.x'.

Thanks!

Scott,

I just noticed with the combined Direct Line Search Mod, that if the search no parents is the only box ticked, the $tree is not being passed and the so the filter is not active.  Similar to the change you made to the Ancestors branch search URL,  I found the tree is present if  I make this URL change in the cfg file :

URL = URL + "&noparents=yes"; <?php // End of line search loc no parents 2 ?>

to:

URL = URL + "&noparents=yes&tree=<?php echo $branchgedcom; ?>"; <?php // End of line search loc no parents 2 ?>

Note I only have a single tree.

Ron

Hmmm, that is certainly easy to change.  I am trying to get my head around why the tree variable would make a difference here.  When I get a chance I will give it a try and update it. 

5 hours ago, mkoche said:

Hmmm, that is certainly easy to change.  I am trying to get my head around why the tree variable would make a difference here.  When I get a chance I will give it a try and update it. 

No hurry. I made the change for my use already, just letting you know.

Got a hunch $branchgedcom will not work for multiple tree systems, however.