TNG Community
Rolf Barbakken

Login to view, but no access to admin

Rolf Barbakken

Hi all,

I would like users of my TNG-installation to have to login to view the data and information, but to not have access to the admin area. I can open for all users with the "require login" switch, but I DO want them to login even if just for viewing. I will then add accounts for users before they can login and view.

How can I achieve this? I'm no strange to altering the code, if needed.

Thanks.

Rolf Barbakken

Found it, it seems. Two lines in processlogin.php needed to change places into

$headerstr = $dest_url;
   //$headerstr = "admin.php";

tngrlkrz

Unless I'm missing something, you should not have to modify processlogin.php to control access to admin.  That should be done with new user setup in Admin:Users with appropriate rights.  Only those users with 'admin' rights assigned can access the admin area.

Rolf Barbakken
1 minute ago, tngrlkrz said:

Unless I'm missing something, you should not have to modify processlogin.php to control access to admin.  That should be done with new user setup in Admin:Users with appropriate rights.  Only those users with 'admin' rights assigned can access the admin area.

No change in admin worked. New guest users had to have access to admin to have access to the registrations.

tngrlkrz

Did you have 'allow new user registrations' set to 'yes' and 'requires logon' ?   That works for initial registration on my Test 11.1 system (I intentionally don't permit it on my Live system).  Are you referring to the user editing/correcting a pending registration?  Or are you wanting guest users to be able to view AND still requiring a logon before even being setup as a user?

Rolf Barbakken
7 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Did you have 'allow new user registrations' set to 'yes' and 'requires logon' ?   

Yes and yes.

Are you referring to the user editing/correcting a pending registration?

I don't understand your question. "Registrations" are just what is registered in the TNG database.

Or are you wanting guest users to be able to view AND still requiring a logon before even being setup as a user?

No. I want to set up a user before that user can browse the data.