TNG Community

Invalid Value (WP widget)

Arne Normannn

Arne Normannn

Hello!

I'm new to TNG and also new to wordpress. I want to use TNG with my geneology studies and publish them, other geneology news on my wordpress site. 

I followed the "Using TNG and WordPress with the tng-wordpress-plugin"- guide, and installed wordpress and TNG as described in the guide. After installation, I have som problem getting TNG on my ".../wp/genelogy/" page. I only see a blank page. 

After some days of fighting the wordpress-intergration (trying installing everything from scratch several times) i think I finaly found out that I have to add a widget to the page in theme costumize. My problem is, that when I select  TNG Menu, I get a red error message showing Invalid value and I cant "Save & Publish".

Do anyone know what the problem might be?

Wordpress 4.7.4, TNG 11.1, PHP 5.6, HOST: one.com

Uten navn.png 

Hi Arne

1 - you should NOT have to add any widget in theme customise to get TNG to appear on a WordPress page

2 - the most common cause of the blank page is if you have chosen to checkbox "Integrate TNG/Wordpress logins:" - you must have that unchecked.

If you want to send an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com that has

TNG Admin - loginID and password
WordPress Admin - loginID and password
FTP - loginID and password

I will take a look and see what might be wrong.

Roger