TNG Community

Wrong URL in Registration email

Paul Barrett

Paul Barrett

How does TNG derive the URL it includes in registration emails please?  Mine's incorrect and i need to change it.

2017-04-02_09-20-42.png

It should be .../wordpress.  The other link is dead

Paul,

My guess is that the URL comes from your Admin > Setup > General Settings  Genealogy URL in the Site Design section.  If you change this, you are likely to break how the site operates.  Since you are running on a synology NAS device and WordPress, I have no clue as to what you need to do to make this work the way you want.  All I can say is that if the Genealogy URL is not specified correctly, several parts of TNG may not work correctly.

I guess no one else knows the answer to your question, since they did not reply to your previous question.

Paul Barrett

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply.  So I am ploughing a lonely furrow am I?  Oh well, someone had to be first.

You're right about the location of the address,  I have changed that and so far everything seems to work OK.  Let's wait and see,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 1 month later...
kilrush1962

Paul Barrett, can you advise the steps and/or share your admin settings?  I just switched over to Heather and I am having the same issue.  Thanks!

Paul Barrett

It's actually a question of adjusting to new paradigm.

The welcome message comes from WordPress.  Yes, you need to go into TNG Administration to assign a user role but you must always uncheck the box that says 'send email to user's because it is redundant.

Paul