TNG Community

Integrating TNG with WordPress on a Synology NAS

Paul Barrett

Paul Barrett

Is there anyone else out there running TNG & WP on a Synology box?

Cos I am really struggling.  By default Syno does not allow WP to be installed into the root and I have deployed the suggested workarounds.  But I have been round the installation loop twice already for various reasons and now I am faced with doing it a third time.

This time it's because while customising the WP Theme I got an error

Non-existent changeset UUID

Following some advice on WordPress.org I edited the wordpress location in phpMyAdmin but now the installation is dead.  However I try to login, no dice.  Restoring the data base values has no effect, so a reinstall is inevitable.  The forum folks thought that installation was desirable too  I don't think I have the energy to do it again.

I am beginning to think I would be better off installing standalone TNG & WP and cross linking using simple URL's.

Thoughts? (especially from other Synology NAS owners)

-Paul

Why does it have to be on a Synology box?

The instructions I created for the TNG-WordPress plugin say to NOT have WordPress (or TNG for that matter) in the root, but each in a folder - how does this not fit in not putting WordPress in the root?

Roger

Paul Barrett

To clarify, neither TNG nor WP are in the root

Why on a Synology bob?  Because hosting it on my preexisting Syno box is free and I'm not gonna shell out cash when there's no need.  I'm retired now so the pennies count a little more.

- Paul

• 4 months later...

I have instructions that might be helpful if you are still interested. skdavis.net has instructions in the forums. I am running TNG and WordPress and it was a bit of a struggle but it's up and  running now.

Edited by Steve1200
Changed web address