TNG Community

Mod "Forum for TNG" - Translators wanted

XerxX

Hi all,

So my mod seems be installed and run w/o errors in TNG v10.1.3 and v11.0.1

I have prepared a .cfg file called v. beta0 and will build the Wiki page later today or tomorrow.

Now I'm looking for translators. Swedish is covered ;) already.

I'm attaching an English text file (UTF-8).

If you are willing to translate (it's more than 200 entries!), please add a post to tell us what language you are doing so there are no doubles.

Thanks for your time and willingness to help!

Erik

PS. I'm still looking for someone who knows how to code the Drang-n-Drop - see the end of the previous thread.

translation.txt

Just curious - - have you looked at ready-made forum add-ons? CPanel (I use SimplyHosting) offers about 17 different ones which could be incorporated into a site.

@ Hemar

Hi, Thank you very much for your help.

Here are explanations for your questions:

$text['forumAntSvar'] = "Repl"; ==> Short for "Replies" (the number of reolies in the thread)

$text['endastRed'] = "Only f editors"; ==> "Only for editors" (can only be seen by editors)

$text['fhelp5'] = "What you select here affects <b>this whole</b> forum.<br/>
Single threads in <b>other</b> forums can be tagged by Editors and Admins to be equivalent to the middle selection here."; ==> The middle selection = "Visible only for Administrators and Editors"

Go here: http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Forum_for_TNG

(The Wiki page) Look for "Forum restrictions" and you will see that "middle selection". The $text() is the help text for that section.

Kind regards,

Erik

I have installed this mod on my localhost and so far it is working fine.  I only work locally but I think this mod would answer my requirement to log "jobs that need to be done" so I always have a record and I don't forget what still needs to researched.  Is there any way that you could access the Forum from, say, a Person, and then note down what needs to still be researched against this person?  I do pretty much everything within the Administration window at present so any ideas as to how I could modify this would be appreciated

Thanks

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

Maybe you can add a link in a custom event at getperson.php? But it will only be possible to create new threads and posts that way. Not find old.

/Erik

Sur 12/3/2017 at 05:37 , XerxX said:

Hi all,

So my mod seems be installed and run w/o errors in TNG v10.1.3 and v11.0.1

I have prepared a .cfg file called v. beta0 and will build the Wiki page later today or tomorrow.

Now I'm looking for translators. Swedish is covered ;) already.

I'm attaching an English text file (UTF-8).

If you are willing to translate (it's more than 200 entries!), please add a post to tell us what language you are doing so there are no doubles.

Thanks for your time and willingness to help!

Erik

PS. I'm still looking for someone who knows how to code the Drang-n-Drop - see the end of the previous thread.

translation.txt

Hi all,

My modest contribution with a French translation for your mod "Forum for TNG", (although you may not have planned it at the start).

I would make adjustments if necessary when I would have installed and used it.

Good idea and great job, congratulations !

Christophe

french translation.txt

• 4 weeks later...

This is a wonderful idea for a Mod and one I had hoped to see sooner or later, I have been using pc-board for awhile and people hate it because of having to log in a 2nd time and so it gets little use. I find in general forums don't get as much use as they once did but the option is so nice to have. Do you have a target time when you hope to move to a V1 version to something a little more bullet proof ?

Thanks

All the Best

Keep up the Great Work

Bill

Thanks Erik, I have been looking at your test forum and its looking very good, a few thoughts and I am sure there on "the list" and right now your more focused on getting the core system 100% 1st but thought I would mention:

I think at some point you will need to "punch up" the text editor with all the normal things you see in forum text editors, font size & color & alignment & Bold etc, smileys, I notice the ability to allow images, to allow you tube video's as well would be great.

The ability to have a hierarchical forum setup, for example I focus on 4 family lines so I have pcboard setup with multiple forum subsets Walton with 4 or 5 forums beneath it, Wilson with 4 or 5 forums beneath it etc etc.

These things may be way beyond what you were looking to do and making it a much larger project then you originally imagined it to be, just "spit balling" it looks great and is workable just the way it is.

here is an example from my pcboard, I had to shrink it to get as much as possible in the image but just to show show it it setup

t1.jpg

All the Best

Bill 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a short message to tell you that all is fine: A new version was just sent to the testers.

It took some time because we had a data loss at our live site: One week of manual transactions (more than 700) were suddenly gone.

And to restore the data was more important than working with the mod.

Everything is fine now and the mod will be published soon: Hopefully during the next week if no serious error is found.

Best regards,

Erik

• 2 weeks later...

Hi manofmull and all,

I admit it's far between the news and I'm sorry for that. Things get in the way...

The latest news is that I will try to post the public v .0 around the next weekend.

I will work on it during this week: The time is reserved!

(There will be mods for TNG 10.? and 11 but probably no update for the previously posted alpha/beta version...)

Watch this thread,

Erik

Wonderful Job, I am having lots of fun, What a great surprise to wake up to !!!!!

Are you planning on setting up a separate Forum for TNG Forums, this is such a major project you should consider it. if your reading Ken in my opinion Census plus should have its own forum as well another mega project.

I have set it up on my test system and added a few forums and a few posts and all seems to be working good, the only issue so far is in a post if you add a ID number for and Individual it gives a "no tree selected" error even though under the box you input the ID the tree is listed..

s1_1.jpg.....

s2_1.jpg

Keep up the great work

All the Best

Bill

Hi Bill,

Great news that you like it and it plays fine - except...

Please confirm: You have only one tree in that system?

And you're logged-in as admin? (Well it's obvious from the 2nd image but...)

And so you can't save it?

:(

I'll look into it but also want to use your situation.

Thanks,

Erik

I only have the 1 tree

If I take the person ID out it will save as normal

but no way to save with an ID either Individual or Family I tried both

All The Best

Bill 

Bill, I've fixed it.

You can replace the attached file both in the root and in the forum mod folder.

Please accept my apologies.

(Of which I hope there will be no more - or only a few ;))

The .zips at the Wiki page are replaced with the same name. You and one more downloaded.

/Erik

forum_openForum.php

No worries Erik, with a project this big there are bound to be little glitches 

Works fine now both Individual & Family I tested both

All the Best

Bill