TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
rakelbara

Census Plus International - Add Series possible?

rakelbara

Hi

I can't find if this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if it would be very difficult/complicated to add Series/Collections to the Census Plus International mod?  I would like to add the Icelandic census, which is a bit simpler than the "Other Census" option that is available.

Best regards
Rakel

Ken Roy

Rakel,

I will have to look at a vanilla installation, or maybe you can answer where Acadian, New France and Lower Canada are in the pull down when using the Add option.

I think I created them on my site using the Other Census option originally but it has been a while.  I think the series you create using the Other Census gets remembered. If Acadian, New France and Lower Canada are not in your pull down then that is the case.

rakelbara

The drop-down looks like this:

2017-03-03_15-51-58.jpg

I usually use the last option "Other census" but it has points that are not in the Icelandic census, and other points that are in the Icelandic census are not shown even though I enter them because empty columns are shown.  I hope you know what I mean :)

The older Icelandic census (until and incl. 1890 census) only contain:
Name
Occupation
Comments

The 1901, 1910 and 1920 contain a little more info.

Ken Roy

I might be able to easily add Icelandic Census as a selection option but then you would need to choose which formatting option you want to use to display the information on the getperson page.   Adding a new formatting option would be a major programming change that I do not have time to do at the moment.

Maybe you need 2 different pull down selection which is why there is a New France and Lower Canada option even though both are related to early census of Quebec

Ken Roy

Rakel,

I did a quick search and would have to update some 20 scripts to add a new or two new Icelandic census to the pull down.  While I would have to change that many scripts it is sort of a trivial change if I can use one of the 6 formatting options.  If you want a separate formatting, that would be a major change effort.

Let me know what you want me to do.