TNG Community

Add Google translate to a page

Hava

Hi,

My web is in English but I know that not every member of my tree can read English so I want to add Google translate to the pages. I am working with template 13. 

Can you help me by letting me know where should I add it. I want to put it under the bookmark and print icon (see enclosed).

what is the file name that is relevant to configure the Google translate script.

I Put it on the home page but couldn't find where to put it on the other pages.

http://new.myroots.co.il/index.php

page.JPG

Hi manofmull, 

Thank you for your answer but this is not what I meant. I did as you wrote but this translate only the headers not the content as Google translate does.

I put in the home page the   Google translate script with 6 languages. i like to do the same on the pages.

5 hours ago, Hava said:

I want to put it under the bookmark and print icon

HI Hava,

The best I could do is put it above the bookmarks and print icons. I did it in the template13 topmenu.php file.

cap.jpg

Hi Merv,

Thank you.I succeeded in putting the google translate  script above the bookmark line. However according to your picture the script is on the same line as the website name(Our Family History) but I can't find how. its not look good as it enlarge the top of the page.capture 21.2.JPGCan you send me the code? 

I am sorry if I sound rude.

5 hours ago, Hava said:

Can you send me the code? 

Hi Hava,

See if this works for you...

<div style="float: right;" align="right">

• The "style float right" code should align the gadget inline with the website name
  • The "align right" code should align the contents of the gadget the same as yours (which actually looks better than my example)

Notes -

• My example uses different languages than you so use your google translate coding
  • Ensure you close the div element </div> after the google translate coding

cap.jpg